We live in north GA and despite stacking straw, adding heat lamps and insulating our coop, some of our free rangers still decided to sleep in the trees on our coldest nights. Temps were in the single digits and wind chills were 10 below. The next day, some of the roosters that stayed outside had dark purple (not black) spots on their combs. Its been about a week and several of the spots have disappeared...but a few of the boys still have purple patches on their combs. Today, i noticed that the roosters that had the worst looking spots have started to develop blisters on the frostbitten patches. I have read that this means the comb is healing, but i am concerned if i might need to dub any of the roosters combs now. How long should i wait to see if they heal on their own before make the decision to remove the comb? Or do i need to worry about this at all? Any thoughts would be appreciated.