Any one else notice

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by turney31, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Me & My Peeps

Me & My Peeps Songster

Apr 26, 2010
    Western MA
    for a 12 fl. oz soda can of Mt.Dew, there's 46.5 g of sugar which is equivalent to about:
    1/4 c. of sugar per soda can!!

Dr. Pepper has 40 g of sugar per 12 fl.oz can

Why bother with the can? Just carry around a bag of sugar and a ladle.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  2. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Me & My Peeps :

for a 12 fl. oz soda can of Mt.Dew, there's 46.5 g of sugar which is equivalent to about:
    1/4 c. of sugar per soda can!!

Dr. Pepper has 40 g of sugar per 12 fl.oz can

Why bother with the can? Just carry around a bag of sugar and a ladle.

Because, As what Mary Poppins says, swallowing a "spoon full of sugar" is not that easy with out a little "Medicine". And a 1/4 cup, well that is just impossible without a little water!​

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Sounds like me when I can get my hands on some Skee.... I will protect that case with my life...

4. monita

monita Songster

Oct 6, 2009
    Shelbyville, Tennessee
    Mt. Dew is addictive... I never liked it but everyone I know that does.... drinks ALOT of it. and lord forbid someone ask for some of said addicts Mt. Dew.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Dr. Pepper is simply GROSS ... there are no words to even describe the nastiness of it.
    And Mt. Dew goes flat 5 seconds after you open up the can or bottle.... [​IMG]

I'll stick with my COKE! [​IMG]

6. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Mountain Dew is the elixir of life around here. It can get very, very grim in a household of Dew addicts when supplies get low. For a long time, I have believed that, if anyone wants to bring this country to its knees, all they need to do is interrupt the caffeine supply. We may think petroleum is important, but this country runs on caffeine!

7. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:Oh yea ~ I got hooked on The Dew when I worked night shift ~ didn't like coffee so I used Mountain Dew instead. I even found a place that made Mt Dew slushies!

As I got older I found diet Mt Dew. [​IMG]

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    Here in Southern Indiana we have a drink similar to Mt. Dew (only way better) its called SKI. We have to take it with us when we go on vacation, and We can be stingy with our ski! [​IMG]

9. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Songster

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    I am highly addicted to Royal Crown Cola! If I don't get my morning RC I am VERY cranky!

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I had a friend once who told me that if he couldn't drink Dr. Pepper he would hook up an IV and inject it into his veins.

Now that is an addict!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: