Any one here has this small coop? (PICTURE! 9th post in)

There's a lady down the road from me that uses this to house 3 birds. To me, it seems very small, and on these snowy days here, I wonder how they're not freezing to death...there's no insulation (which isn't necessary, granted) but I can't imagine where they even manage to keep the food or water. I don't ever see it, and the housing unit seems sooooo small.

My husband has built several just like that for a few people that only have 3 or 4 birds and it worked out fine but then again those birds were bantam. The ones DH built was 8 foot long and 3.5 foot wide and 40 something inches tall. I think it makes a great little grow out pen but not really ideal for keeping large fowl chickens unless you only have like 2. I liked it because I could move the thing but it does not fit my chicken keeping world.

Quote:
It is even crowded for bantams. I would not use it for anything except for chicks to get to be outside on warm days. I would not put a full-grown bird in it, except for letting one or maybe two be out of their run to get some fresh grass. Easier to cut and catch the clippings and toss it into their run as I do than to do that tho.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom