Any one into heavy couponing?

Quote:
no I get them from the little machines in the grocery store, hanging on the aisle (blinkie coupons I call them), peel them off of products, ebay, magazines (All you sold only at walmart, has lots of coupons), inside products I buy, and anywhere i can find them. you never know when a coupon will come in handy and I don't go anywhere without them.

So you carry that big tub around every where you go? You can also find coupons in thrift stores. A few of them around here will keep them up by the cashier.

Beth- Here's a coupon. I don't think we double.
sad.png

100_2245.jpg

And I guess I'm also fed up with the contents of body products, too. Plus, around here you pay like 485647 for them, and what's in them? Water!

I just searched for our state's cost of living. Ours is 177.2, Ohio is 168.4, North Carolina is 169.7, and the nation average is 173.8. That means it costs more to live here? (bear with me)

Quote:
you can get great coupons from ebay!! people post them from all over the country, and you can get great deals! for the price of one of my papers I was able to get 15 of the same coupon.

I got 15 barilla piccolini pasta coupons for .50 off 1 box, and my store doubles so that $1 off each box. well they were on sale for 1.25 each, so I got them for .25 per box after coupon!! 15x .25=3.75 for all of them!!

I bought the Viva Paper towel coupons off ebay and used them during triple coupon week, and got my paper towels for free! awesome savings

Quote:
you can get great coupons from ebay!! people post them from all over the country, and you can get great deals! for the price of one of my papers I was able to get 15 of the same coupon.

I got 15 barilla piccolini pasta coupons for .50 off 1 box, and my store doubles so that $1 off each box. well they were on sale for 1.25 each, so I got them for .25 per box after coupon!! 15x .25=3.75 for all of them!!

I bought the Viva Paper towel coupons off ebay and used them during triple coupon week, and got my paper towels for free! awesome savings

They weren't exactly free if you had to purchase the coupon correct?

Quote:
okay so that is a STORE COUPON, I am mainly speaking of Manufacturer coupons. sorry for the misunderstanding. store coupons usually can only be used at that particular store, manufacturer coupons can be used at any store that accepts coupons. that's why it starts with a 1

Quote:

They weren't exactly free if you had to purchase the coupon correct?

I ended up paying $3 for all 10 coupons, and saved $2 per each roll, so saved $20-paying for coupon= $17 savings after paying for them

I admire your organization and the ability to get the savings you're getting. I'd love to have lots of great coupons, but I find that most of the coupons I see are for items I would not normally buy. I don't know of any stores that double coupons.

I am saving by buying a lot of things in bulk. For instance, I buy flour in 25 lb. sacks or wheat in 50 lb. sacks and grind it. Today I am peeling/chopping 50 lbs. of onions I got for about $16.00 or $17.00. I will dehydrate them and they won't take up much space that way. I make our pizza from scratch and use lots of freebie venison and fish.

Whenever I buy a newspaper, I usually only find one or two coupons that I may use. I do shop at CVS and sometimes get bargains, especially with their "CVS bucks." I will check out hotcouponworld.

Quote:
In the future these are things I want to do. I plan on canning my vegis this summer to save on buying canned in the store. also I started my herb garden last fall and this summer I will be able to dry them and use them instead of store bought. and then my chickens give me eggs so I don't have to buy those anymore
big_smile.png
, and soon we will get some meat from them (once they are big enough). I really would like to get a food dehydrator, and try my hand at that as well. I don't have the knowlegde to grind my on wheat, so I just buy the flour in the store. DH is planning on hunting this year, so meats will come from that (hopefully). also we are thinking of going in with a friend of ours and slitting the costs of buying a cow and having it butchered. I feel like doing it that way will save money than buying it from the stores (plus it will be fresh). I look forward to this year, because new ways of saving money will really happen. as we all know things take time, and plants have to grow. but I can't wait!

OH. This makes a lot more sense now! And I remember that Safeway has the little things in the aisles that blink and give coupons, but we don't have any store near here that does that. I just do my best to save the ones that I get at checkout. The ones that they give with the receipt. And at the end of 4 months Freddies sends out coupons based on how much you spend. They are not much, but they usually have no specific item. It's just like "$3 off your purchase of at least $3.00"

Great tips, I know I can always to more to save.

yes those coupons are called Catalina coupons. not sure why they are called that, but that's what I have always been told.

also with store coupons, some stores will let you use a store coupon AND a manufacturer's coupon together for even more savings!! I know target does, walgreens, rite aid and cvs.

Back
Top Bottom