Any one into heavy couponing?

Quote:
well it is, in the english language:). but it's part of a language called "Couponese"
wink.png
I mix them at times and forget that not everyone will know what I am saying, kwim?

Quote:
well it is, in the english language:). but it's part of a language called "Couponese"
wink.png
I mix them at times and forget that not everyone will know what I am saying, kwim?

That's pretty funny. You're really into this!

Quote:
wink.png

That's pretty funny. You're really into this!

yes, it's addictive once you get good at it.

woo hoo!! two days until week long triples at harris teeter!! don't have coupons? get the sunday paper and clip the coupons and save the ones under $1. I can teach you how to make triples worth your while.

okay I finally got to go to Harris Teeter for Triple coupon days. I did okay, it's not my best but still not bad

4 boxes totinos pizza rolls (had a Raincheck for them to be bogo from last triples) .10 per box after coupon
3 tubs huggies wipes (used raincheck from last triples to make them 2.50 each).25 per each after coupon
2 deli creations .74 each after coupon
2 white house 6 pks 1.74 for 2 after coupon
1 grande tortilla chips....free after coupon
2 ken's spritzers....free after coupon
1 Dole jar peaches... .25 after coupon
2 pepto bottles .74 each after coupon
2 McCormick Garlic Powder .40 after coupon

total $7.41
vic card savings: $5.07
coupon savings: $33.80

can't wait to go tomorrow! and get more stuff!

ep.gif

I noticed Krogers dont do their double coupons anymore or they have certain days they would double coupons.

Most stores around here dont double coupons.

I use to coupon all of the time. I've gone back to it because my business is slow and the economy is so bad.

Here are some extras:

I buy meat on "Manager's Special" on the day we're going to eat it. This is the stuff that expires the next day or day after. There are dollar off coupons on the packages. I can get hamburger, pork and chicken for less than a dollar a pound as a result. It sounds iffy but I have recipes for things like ginger pork which involves boiling pork chops in water with soy sauce and some ginger until it falls off the bone. Served with green beans, it's delicious.

Our favorite grocery store is participating in a program called override.com which gives anywhere from 5 cents to 1 dollar off each gallon of gas purchased at our local gas station (which is the one we go to anyway). It depends on how much we spend at the store over a two week period. Last week, DH filled the tank for $20 instead of the usual $30.

We have a credit card that still has a good rewards program. We charge all of our utilities, groceries and gas to it and every two months or so we can get a dinner at Chili's for free.

We use the coupons in the back of the phone book quite a bit too. Our furnace people have one for 10% annual cleaning and maintenance. Our septic people have one for 5% off and our favorite Mexican restaurant has buy one get one half off there too.

Quote:
I will also get meat that is near the sell by date. at my bilo they will have chicken with the stickers on them for 1.00 off sometimes 1.50 off. and that turns out good. at times i will write down when the majority of the meat is going to expire and come back the day before to see if I can catch a good deal.

also a way to save on meat is from Wine Tag coupons, on wine. some states (not all) have a "No Wine Purchase Necessary" law, which means you can use the coupon for whatever it is for (most of the time some type of meat that would pair well with the wine) without being obligated to purchase the wine.

and right now I have a peelie coupons (a coupon peeled off a product) for "buy 2 bags of grande tortilla chips get $2 off beef" and during triples these bags of chips are Free after coupon, and the groud beef is on sale for 2.99 per lb. so this will work nicely.

also in the states with the "no wine purchase neccessary" rule, there is a "No beer purchase necessary" and there are rebates for your purchases in the beer aisle (beer rebates). this year I have gotten back nearly $200 just in beer rebates.

3 lysol cling .25 each after coupon
2 ortega taco shells .75 for two boxes
3 planters big nut bars.25 per box after coupon
2 bags grande tortilla chipsfree after coupon
1 lb. 93% lean ground beef

vic card savings -$9.71
coupon savings -$21.75
total $3.56

2 McCormick taco seasoning packsfree after coupon
3 McCormick steak seasoning packsfree after coupon
5 softsoap hand soap.10 after coupon
2 grande tortilla chipsfree after coupon