Any one into heavy couponing?

the 5 off 50 is great to use and get all the stuff that will be less than $1 or so after coupons, then you might get down to 0 balance! i rarely get up to $50 for one trip, but if I had one I would surely figure a way to get up to it.

couponing is more complicated than people think. it's not just cutting out the coupons and going to the stores; it takes organization, planning, and preparation. most of the time I go to 3 different stores (Bi-Lo, Harris Teeter, and Food Lion) to get the best deals at each one.

the people that say coupons don't add up to much, should come shopping with me...that would change their minds

On a side note, the other day I was at Goodwill, and asked when green tags were going on sale (I have my eyes on a nice set of china) and she gave me a calender and a coupon. It's only 30% off, but it doesn't have any exclusions. Anyone use coupons at Goodwill? I wonder if I can get the half-off green tag sale and the 30% off...

I've never been able to figure out the couponing. All the coupons in the paper here are things I wouldn't normally buy to begin with. I'm in awe of someone that knows how to do it though.

I've tried the coupon, bulk buying stuff and I just end up throwing a lot of stuff out. Now, I buy what I need when I need it and use it up. I actually end up saving more by not buying stuff thats cheap that I don't need.

we get to $50 b/c we started buying out dog food (3 huge dogs) at the store instead of a warehouse club. this way we get a bag of dog food, a bucket of kitty litter, a couple 10 for $10 things and bam! $5 off!

we sat down and figured the math of buying some stuff at the store vs warehouse club. right now the gas discount totally makes it worth it. if only the grocery store sold feed we'd be set!

Quote:
being able to freeze things really helps. If I buy large quantities of things, i make sure the expiration date is a while away (9 months to a year most times). I don't throw much of anything away. in couponing, it is best to get the smallest package of the item, so for instance, I don't use mayo much but I have 12 small jars. I would use a full jar for potato salad, or some for egg salad
wink.png
. that way it doesn't stay opened in the frig forever, and they are good through december. and summer is coming up and a lot more cookouts too. and pasta, that stuff has a shelf life of at least a year if not two. I can't pass up something that is going to be free after using a coupon, and if I feel like I am getting close to the expiration date I'll give it away to someone that will use it sooner than I will.

Quote:
this was my dilema in the beginning. I didn't need cereal, but you find a good deal and you take advantage of it while it lasts. I did like stocking up on canned vegis, frozen vegis, frozen garlic bread, loaf bread... all this stuff I use, just maybe a different brand.

for anyone in the charlotte, nc area harris teeter is going to be have a whole week of tripling coupons starting april 29th to may 5th!!!! if you are knew to coupons and want to get in on the savings, I can surely help you through it. just reply here or message me.

Back
Top Bottom