Any one know what model Hova-Bator Incubator this is??

Okay now I'm confused. You think I should remove the plug?? Look at my second picture... It says right on the incubator, "Plug must be in place during incubation." And since I didn't have the plug I used tape, just like it says.

You think I should uncover both of the holes?? If it has worked for you, I will. Currently, one has the tape and one has the red plug.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
I have a combination of 8 LG and Hova .. I have had them all going at one time..

I concede, with that one red plug removed, the fan might pull in some fresh air..

I never run any of mine with the plugs in.. If needed I will cover the holes to help raise the humidity for the last 3 days. however..

Your humidity was so high because you had so much surface area exposed.. forget about what the directions said..

Thanks again guys! So do you think I should remove one plug or both?? Seeing as the directions say to keep the plugs in, I'm listening to you all now.
thumbsup.gif

And thank you HorseLady, I was just curious as to which one it was.

Fresh air is important during hatch so you don't want both vents closed during lockdown.
Calibrate the temp to 99.5F with both vents plugged. Keep a visible thermometer and hygrometer in the incubator during incubation. Towards the end of incubation the chicks will be producing body heat and you will be able to remove a plug/tape :) to compensate (formula is 1 plug = 1 degree drop).
You do not want the incubator to get too hot at the end. This can harm the chicks and as air warms relative humidity drops quickly so then the chicks are too hot and too dry.

Ok, so some are saying remove both plugs now (incubation) and use the plugs for humidity control. Some are saying keep both plugs in (until lockdown).

I'm guessing this is just a matter of opinion and what works for each. I guess I'll play around with it and see what works for me... This incubation stuff is so confusing!! Lots of different answers.
idunno.gif

Thanks for everyone's input.

Making changes and combinations you will find what works best for you
with cheap Styrofoam incubators success is all about trial and error

Back
Top Bottom