Any one seen the old Lyon incubator before?

quintinp

Songster
9 Years
Oct 22, 2010
Southern Oklahoma
I met this man today, and he said it was a roll-x incubator, but is was a 1 1/2 ft tall, and 2 ft wide, 2 ft long. The whole incubator is clear, and is completely acrylic. It uses one of the coil heating elements, and a bi-metal thermostat. He said that it hold three trays, and they all stack on each other, and tilt to turn the eggs, He didn't have the egg turner assembly, but he used it to keep chicks after they had hatched. I don't think I have seen anything like it before. It also has 2 large fans on the top side of the incubator blowing downward.

I used to have an all clear box shaped one..with the coils on top where the lid is, and it had an automatic turner mounted to the side, but was disconnected when I got it and I could never get it back together. The egg trays that came with it were considered Roll X as well. But I used it as a hatcher, so I never used the trays.
Not sure of the brand..or even if it was a home made one...but it was awesome..wish I hadn't sold it!

Yeah, I am looking every where on the internet to try to find a picture of some sort. That man told me that I wouldn't find a picture of the incubator he has. It is apparently, very old, or very rare. He said it was one of Lyons first incubators. I will try to go to his house again to see if I can find a model number on it.

Back
Top Bottom