Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Got another one from the same hen this morning!
ya.gif

So bad news...when i went to feed our chickies today and the girls had busted another egg, and as they are due to hatch tomorrow and there was no baby I was concerned so I bit the big one and "gulp" busted one and they are all bad, stinky, green bad eggs :( I almost cried. I feel sooo bad for them they have been sitting on them for 20 days :( I dont know what happened I think maybe they are just getting to old maybe I mean it took her almost a month to just lay 15. Or she was sleeping on them before she went broody and it was kind of cold so i dont know if them going from warm to cold could of done it or where they were both sittin on them if maybe she couldnt turn them ...I could probably drive myself crazy tryin to figure out what went wrong. Anyways we took all the st put and are going to try once more before we give up and try to get another hen. We were really hoping we could just hatch some because we really cant afford to buy one at this time... Hopefully we will have better luck this time... :((

So bad news...when i went to feed our chickies today and the girls had busted another egg, and as they are due to hatch tomorrow and there was no baby I was concerned so I bit the big one and "gulp" busted one and they are all bad, stinky, green bad eggs
sad.png
I almost cried. I feel sooo bad for them they have been sitting on them for 20 days
sad.png
I dont know what happened I think maybe they are just getting to old maybe I mean it took her almost a month to just lay 15. Or she was sleeping on them before she went broody and it was kind of cold so i dont know if them going from warm to cold could of done it or where they were both sittin on them if maybe she couldnt turn them ...I could probably drive myself crazy tryin to figure out what went wrong. Anyways we took all the st put and are going to try once more before we give up and try to get another hen. We were really hoping we could just hatch some because we really cant afford to buy one at this time... Hopefully we will have better luck this time...
sad.png
(
Ohhh,, so sorry. That is sad and disappointing. I know nothing about hatching but it sounds like fun. Maybe your girl will have better luck next time and hopefully someone can give you a few words of hatching wisdom.

Back
Top Bottom