Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

I'm so excited again!!!! LOLOL Sometimes it doesn't take much does it!? Saturday I got a third egg from Ms Frack so she's been on an every other day schedule. BUT today I got 2 eggs in 2 different nesting boxes !!!! I'm thinking it was Ms. Frick who is my other RIR. She is the same age as my Ms Frack. My brahma and my golden wyndotte are both about a month younger so I'm "assuming" its neither one of those two. LOL One is the size my first ones have been and the second is bigger as you can see. Would I be right to assume that the bigger one is from the one that has been laying last week or from the new one. I really think the bigger one came from the new box...

Went out to check on the ladies today and found our first EGGS. There were six. We have 10 Buff Orphingtons and 10 Astralorps. Got them March 12. Way to go girls.
thumbsup.gif

Cindy
Isn't it funny how mother nature decides that today is the day for these six? LOL Just think what it will be like when the others get their egg laying machines going !! I love it !!

So egg~cited;) We have been getting eggs every day now. No less then 3 sometimes 4 or 5. Yesterday we had 8 eggs in one day
ep.gif
. We only had 7 layers... That means we have a new egg layer. Daisy our second Buff orp. She is just about 6 months old.
celebrate.gif

Come on guys,,, no one else in here with 16 week olds or about that waiting for eggs wanting to talk to an ol chick about their flocks.

We can wait and learn together!

Pretty plllleeeeeesssseeeee?
hide.gif

Don't leave me hangin...
Didn't mean to leave you hanging. I My ladies are going on 24 weeks so I was comparing them. 2 RIR, 1 brahma, 1 goldem laced. My 2 RIR have just this week and last week started laying.! Thought they would never get around to it! I oot these about 6 weeks ago and the guy said they should be laying "soon". Well, I took that to mean "soon"! ....not 6 weeks later. LOL Haven't had chickens since I was around 7/8 yrs old and I'm 64 now. I'm still impatient when it comes to "soon"! LOL

I have 5 girls at 17wks 3 RSL and 2 RIW. Big Mama one of my RSL started Squatting yesterday.... so happy. The other 4 don't even look close. I am so impatient.... I know I will be out in the coop at least 3 or 4 times a day now checking.

goodpost.gif
Ok,,,I'm going to tell on my self here at my own inexperienced expense!! You all ought to get a great laugh out of this...I did. Last week I had begun getting my first eggs from on of my RIR's. First time I've seen new eggs since I was about 6/7 yrs old and I'm 64 now. I have read all the books, I have made sure my little coop is a Ft. Knox for my ladies...then I sat in wait while I gave them little treats each day to win their graces. I got them as pullets so they aren't as cozy with me as they might have been from chicks. Ok,,,now for the rest of the story. Sat. I checked the boxes and there in the middle of two of them were 2 eggs.
yippiechickie.gif
They had scratched all the straw away from the middle of the floor as usual. I gathered them but noticed as you will also from the picture, that one was a little bigger than the other. I knew that the first eggs were often smaller or "different" that they will be later so I was surprised at this one being bigger and more perfect already. I was tentively impressed. I put them on the cabinet to use later. WELL, I decided to make a meatloaf yesterday and went to add the eggs. I knew to crack into a separate dish to check them out too. Was I surprised to find that one would NOT break!!
lau.gif
YEP....you are guessing the rest of the story already. LOLOL A while back I had put some artificial eggs in the nest but the closer I got to the ladies laying, I could tell they really didn't like them so I took them out. I had one missing but I wasn't worried because I had a visiting grandchild who was helping me re-straw the boxes. I had checked for that darn egg and so did she so I didn't worry anymore about it. I figured I had already taken it out and set it somewhere. The morning that I found the "2" eggs, I had watched the ladies and they were very unhappy, talking trash
D.gif
. I thought they were trashing each other because they would play follow the leader in and out of the boxes. But now, I have they last DARN egg in a jar so it won't get mixed up with any others anymore. I don't know where they had that one hidden but I hope they all got a good laugh for the day!!
yuckyuck.gif

I have 5 girls at 17wks 3 RSL and 2 RIW. Big Mama one of my RSL started Squatting yesterday.... so happy. The other 4 don't even look close. I am so impatient.... I know I will be out in the coop at least 3 or 4 times a day now checking.
You are so right. I have been looking for all the "signs"....saw none, and I even went out with a folding chair and sat and talked to them every evening! LOL I check morning, noon and late afternoon!! Finally, last week, there it was, right in the middle of a bare floored box (they must not like the straw), was my first egg. I sent picture to everyone!!! My sweet hubby said I was officially a "Mother Hen". LOL
ya.gif
Good luck with your ladies and don't forget to post some picts

So egg~cited;) We have been getting eggs every day now. No less then 3 sometimes 4 or 5. Yesterday we had 8 eggs in one day
ep.gif
. We only had 7 layers... That means we have a new egg layer. Daisy our second Buff orp. She is just about 6 months old.
celebrate.gif
That is exciting...Its always fun to try to find out who's doing the laying. If you have more girls than eggs...it will be a guessing game! LOL I wish I had room for more than my 4.
frow.gif

My sweet White Leghorn is still doing a perfect job. She has now laid four days in a row. The process is so funny, she screams off and on and goes in and out of the coop for about an hour prior to laying but each day they are slightly bigger than the last. I wish I had some way to weigh them. I also have four others, 3 that are almost 18 weeks old and one that is 16 weeks. My 18wk BO is showing some signs but what I've read says she won't lay until around 20 weeks. You'll all be the first to know, but my egg wait continues.

Back
Top Bottom