Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Congratulations! That's so exciting and the egg looks perfect! I wish we will get ours soon, too! Our BO is still far away from laying, I think, she is over 5 months old, but wattle and comb still small and pink... But two others (same age) might be close...

And you live close to us! We are in San Marcos. How old is your BO?

She was born May 25th... So just over 5 months! Her comb and waddle are quite red... But I still imagine they could get even redder so I wasn't sure how soon she'd actually lay... But there it was!
1f604.png

I was worried with the days getting shorter I wouldn't get any eggs. We have a GLW who definitely looks like she's getting close too with red comb and waddle but she is so shy I can't come near her so I've never seen her squat. I'll keep my fingers crossed for an egg coming your way!

Last edited:
Ours, 4 total 1 BO, 1 Black Australorp, 2 RIR, were hatched on May 19th, we got them from a Country Store in Escondido, and the Australorp and one of the RIR have very red and well developed wattle and comb, but the BO and the other RIR are still not there yet... I also hope we will see our first egg soon. Yours look so perfect! :)

Ours, 4 total 1 BO, 1 Black Australorp, 2 RIR, were hatched on May 19th, we got them from a Country Store in Escondido, and the Australorp and one of the RIR have very red and well developed wattle and comb, but the BO and the other RIR are still not there yet... I also hope we will see our first egg soon. Yours look so perfect! :)

Ya know my buff could have been born a few days earlier... I got my 2 golden laced wyandottes and 2 light brahmas from a feed store that orders from a local hatchery born may 30th. They were supposed to have my 2 Buff Orpingtons as well (I placed a speciality order of all 6) but the guy in Salinas sold them to someone right before I walked in! I got there the day they were delivered too and called him constantly to check when they'd be ready because we were so excited... It was a really big let down... Any hoo... I very frustratedly went to another feed store in salinas and what do you know... They had 1 bin of chicks... All BUFF ORPINGTONS
1f604.png
... But they were already about 1 week old... maybe a little more. So my age is a guesstimate. Ours are probably VERY close in age.
263a.png

Last edited:
My girls are 24 weeks old and none of them are laying. The last time I had chickens at least a few of the flock were laying by this age. Here's pictures of my girls if anyone has any thoughts on whether they're getting close. None of them are squatting or anything. I'm getting really impatient!

Here's Zelda, my red sex link, in the front and Buffy, my buff Orpington in the back.

Ava, my silver spangled hamburg, in front and Matilda, my black Australorp in the back (with a blurry Lacy in between them.

And here's Lacy the silver laced Wyandotte.

im in the waiting game but in this last week things are looking up! Tuesday I noticed 2 of my girls doing the squat when I went to pet them. Wait it gets better today my RIR has been singing all day and laying in the nesting boxes! So im hoping to have some eggs soon. My girls are about 6 and a half months old.

im in the waiting game but in this last week things are looking up! Tuesday I noticed 2 of my girls doing the squat when I went to pet them. Wait it gets better today my RIR has been singing all day and laying in the nesting boxes! So im hoping to have some eggs soon. My girls are about 6 and a half months old.
I'm anxious to see mine do the squat! I don't know how old my RSL's or my BSL's are so I guess I am not as uptight as I wa.s with my very first one last year about this time with my first 4 pullets.. UNLESS.....lolol.... I let myself think about it.....THEN.... I really start watching them to the point of taking picts at least every week!!!

Back
Top Bottom