Any other chicken-loving teachers out there?

I'll be checking back on this thread...I have to go off and volunteer at the school. Science Lab inventory is happening next week, and I must be ready for the rest of my volunteers.

Go teachers!

Thank you all for the sacrifices you make. I for one love good teachers.

My oldest son is living proof of how one smart teacher willing to take a stand can change a young persons life forever more! I as a Mom, will be eternally grateful to him!

I am a teacher...
smile.png
I teach high school English, and also coordinate a district-wide reading intervention program.

I left my own elementary classroom in 2009. I've mostly been subbing since then, although this year I took a temp. job as an Instructionl Aid in Spec. Ed. at the middle school level. One boy I was working with seemed so sad all of the time...a sweet boy. I'm not sure how it came up, but he found out I have chickens, and THAT was the ticket to him opening up. I showed him pics of my girls, showed him BYC...he was so animated about it all, talking about how his friend's family has chickens and they've let him "have" one of their birds (but it stays at his friend's house), about how he's going to get chickens whenever his dad can help him build a coop... I loved how chickens brought this kid "out of his shell."
smile.png

I was a teacher! I taught second grade for several years and then decided to leave to stay home and raise our 4 babies. My youngest is now in kindergarten, so I went back to school and I just got re-certified. I am currently working towards my Masters and subbing till a job becomes available. And let me just tell you, I have not stopped subbing!!! I have been in pre-k, kindergarten, first, second, third, fourth, and fifth!!! They book me every day!!! lol I sometimes shut my phone off just for silence as it rings too often! lol I think they like that I'm a certified teacher, have a good hold on classroom management, and can handle just about anything. I also help them grade papers, make copies, and do all kinds of odds and ends to help him. They
love.gif
me. I joke with them that they're never gonna let me get hired so they can keep me as their sub! I'm actually enjoying just subbing as I don't have all the stress that comes with teaching--observations, report cards, grading papers, etc. I just had a teacher ask me to long term sub after Christmas while she's out getting surgery. I'm tired just thinking about it!
th.gif
Teaching is already exhausting...add a 5 year old, a 7 year old, an 8 year old, a 10 year old, a husband, cows, goats, pigs, and over 200 chickens, ducks, and geese, and more on top of it....
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom