1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any other Phoenicians?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by AZchickenchick, Nov 6, 2008.

1. AZchickenchick

AZchickenchick Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2008
    Hi, I'm a brand newbie, and I would LOVE a local mentor to show me the ropes, and answer questions such as: Am I TOTALLY insane to try keeping chickens in this climate? Everyone seems to think so, especially my husband! Help! I need your support!

2. bantamfan

bantamfan Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2008
    Hi There;

I live in Tempe, and it's nice to know theres another chicken person around. Have raised chickens all my life and would love to visit with you. Am a bantam lover mostly, although I've raised egg layers in the larger breeds while my kids were growing up.
    Where I live in Tempe, I can't have chickens, so have bought property in New Mexico's mountains in a community of 199 folks with no homeowners associations and no rules. When I retire I will have my chickens there, and I will live there.
    Contact me at [email protected] anytime you wish. I'm a great story teller, liar, bum, and a fanatic about bantam chickens. ha ha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by