Any parents here feed raw goat milk to their babies?

Pasteurize your raw milk, and you will have nothing but a dead product that does nothing for your health. In fact, it becomes very unhealthy for you at that point, as the good for you bacteria is killed that kills the bad bacteria in the milk. Pasteurized milk has something like 250,000 bad bacteria in it and unpasteurized milk has a small fraction of that amount. Ever smelled pasteurized milk when it is beyond its fresh date? It smells putrid. It literally rots, because it is so full of bad bacteria. But when raw milk goes beyond its fresh date (about 10 days) it only starts to sour. As it sours, the good for you bacteria actually builds up, and makes a better for you product. This is where we got sour cream from. When you kill the good bacteria by pasteurizing the milk, you kill the bacteria that literally kills e. coli, etc,etc.

I gave my kids raw milk when they were very small, from my dad's cow, and they are a very healthy 25, 23, and 18 years of age right now.

Quote:
that cow was more than likely on a pipeline milking system.. which means that it's milk was being mixed instantly with every other cow's milk.. so it would be impossible to throw out just her 40 pounds of milk.

Quote:
Nope, they each went into individual glass bowls, then the bowl got pumped into a large holding tank. Each bowl had a dump & rinse option...it just didn't get USED.

Quote:
Nope, they each went into individual glass bowls, then the bowl got pumped into a large holding tank. Each bowl had a dump & rinse option...it just didn't get USED.

eww....

The human race did just fine without flu shots for as long as it has

I have to disagree with this point... Millions of people have died from the flu. It isn't just a really bad cold. I have always laughed when people want to know how to tell the difference between a cold and the flu. If you have to ask, you've never had the flu!

Quote:
Well let me tell you... back when I was a kid (in the early 70s) we didn't have to be in car seats - we got to ride in mom's lap - and I'm still here too! Didn't harm me any.
wink.png

Would I let em child ride in my car without a car seat? Of course not!

That's not to say you shouldn't feed raw milk to your child. I just wouldn't want to base the decision on the accounts of people that survived it but rather spend some more time researching risks and benefits and base it on that.
smile.png

Quote:
That's it !

Goat milk is one of the wonders of nutrition.

When I was a kid my mother paid our neighbor who have goats for milk, I went to her place every day and drank it, when it was still warm.

I have not read this entire thread, just want to tell you what I did.

My son was 6 months old when I got my current herd of dairy goats. We had the vet check them out and all is well. My son has eaten the cheese and yogurt and drank the milk with no problems.

If you have a great concern on how his immune system will handle the milk have a couple tests done - TB being one. If they come back clean the milk will be clean. With proper handling the milk from your goats will better than any commercial milk you can buy for your son to drink. It is one of those issue where you have to educate yourself and make the best choices for you and family.

I'd like to chime in on this one.

When I was 3 months old (almost 30 yrs ago) my mom couldn't nurse me anymore, so they tried formula but it made me colicky. So I was fed raw goats milk from my grandpa's goats. You never saw a more healthy-looking kid (I mean chubby!) I thrived on it.

Now, DH and I have decided to drink raw cow's milk. We found an organic farm that pastures their cows and we've been drinking their raw milk for nearly a year. Our 2-yr-old son loves it too, and I never had any reservations about giving it to him after I researched raw and pasturized milk. We can never go back to dead milk now that we've been spoiled on real milk. I truly believe we are more at risk from "store" food than from foods we grow ourselves or buy fresh from good local producers.

Just do your research and make an informed decision and be confident in it.

Back
Top Bottom