any Pit Bull owners here?

I don't own a pit, but there's a pit-mix at the property where my chickens are. He's one of the sweetest dogs I've met and he's terrified of the chickens. Especially the smallest silkie hen, who attacked him once.

Thanks OklaOutlaw. Yeah what a crazy thing to happen. People we are suppose to respect...geez. On another note I particularly love in the by law that it says something in regards to"any dog that resembles a pitbull is banned"???? That is the craziest thing I've ever heard.

They also banned amstaffs and staffordshire bull terriers. Yup staffys.....Do you know how few actual staffys there are around here?? I knew one family that had one when I was a kid and they had her flown in from the closest breeder at the time in ottawa she cost them a fortune. Staffs were by no means running rampant biting people here in Ontario.

And yet they blatantly disregard the statistics. On the top 10 list for bites are Golden Retrievers and German Shepherds.

All bites are caused for the most part by the same thing regardless of breed...irresponsible ownership and lack of socialization.

Now we have banned the pits and staffs and am staffs. These irresponsible owners who want macho dogs will now get perhaps more akitas, bull mastiffs, presa's, dogo argentinos(to name a few) which just by shear size alone will (when unsocialized and encouraged to be people aggressive) be much more dangerous than the pits ever were.

Oh the rant. All I can say is Its a Pity.

Back
Top Bottom