Any plans or a chicken coop for 3 chickens?

Building Chicken Coops for Dummies
I second this. There is a coop called The Minimal Coop that might be just the perfect thing for you. I have never built anything so I was going to give it try. Thankfully though, my husband, who has built many many things, is going to build my coop for me. Phew.... That being said, I learned a lot from the book and feel that if I'd had to, I could have built that coop.

www.gardencoop.com
I second this one too. I had a question for the guy that sells those plans and he emailed me back promptly and he was so nice and helpful. That is my dream coop and when we're ready to build something a bit larger and nicer (and more expensive) that is what my husband will build for me. Anyway, the man who sells the plan seems very happy to help people with their building. I'd definitely check out the website and see if the garden ark will work for you.

Best of luck to you!

CJ

I really like the Catawba style and the plans are very well written. It isn't a super easy build but if you have a little experience and some time, you shouldn't have any problems. I modified the design to make a 4' version and have also make the original 8' version. I think it would be perfect for three chickens and will be using one for our three chickens. (I plan on only having one nest box to allow a little extra coop room.) I don't/can't have a permanent coop structure so the chicken tractor style is my best option.

Quote:
This is exactly what I was going to suggest. We built the all in one from the book, but I think the a frame would be relatively easy and suite your needs. I think the book estimates the cost of the a frame at around $200.

Check out bettaliving.org

There are several free detailed plans and I personally have made a movable one using plans of here. So easy to make and move around the grass. Especially if you have a limited grassy section like my own and feral animals about!

Back
Top Bottom