Any plans or a chicken coop for 3 chickens?

dbg99

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
Hi everyone i'm planning on getting 3 chickens for our urban backyard....i've search all over but can't find any simple easy to read and follow instructions to build a coop with a nest box that you can open from the outside. Also keen on having the coop/perch/nestbox off off ground level with a ramp down to the ground which is their run they will be contained in. Any help/website links/building plans would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Quite keen on building something to give it a try, and also I live in New Zealand so can't use ebay. Thanks though.

Hi Cargo, as I said in my post i'm after something simple and easy to read...if you scroll through the majority of the coop designs on byc you'll see that the majority aren't simple and easy to read and follow. Most of them don't even give instructions.
Any other ideas/resources for a 3 chicken coop?

Well, that's strange I thought I had replied to this yesterday but I don't see my post here. But when I look at my posts I see it...??
Sorry if I repeat this:

Smaller plans I have seen: The garden coop plans looks nice. Google it...

I am building the city biddy and am almost done. Next I am probably going to build the double wide city biddy. Neither come with run instructions but I can figure that out. The smaller city biddy plans need to be updated but the double wide city bid plans are updated and have more photos (it's about 6x3 I think). I have some photos of the smaller one on my page.
I will be finishing it up this weekend if the weather doesn't turn bad.

I built my A frame from a design on BYC. check my page and the link to plans. Two things I would change or add venilation in the ends, will be doing that soon. Bigger tires, its hard to roll on uneven ground.

Back
Top Bottom