ANY REALLY "YOUNG" FOLKS THAT REMEMBER THE SIXTIES AND FIFTIES?

I can remember our high school (grades 8-12 then) being open "sort of". Doors open but they didn't run the buses. It was located just outside our small town, and near a large but scattered population surrounding or close to several lakes. Your parents could drop you off or whatever. All my friends would all get together to get there because those days at school were always so much more fun than staying home with a to do list. Lots of indoor baseball, study hall or "experiments" in home ec :D. I remember one guy who was so "cool" because he had a Volkswagen!!! Because it was air cooled the thing would start when nothing else would and those narrow tires would slice right thru the snow. And if it got stuck? No big deal, we'd all pile out (yes, we really did have that many in it including crazy Ricky in the front trunk) and pick it up and carry it out!!! I got to ride because this guy was a friend of my big brother and I thought I was so cool!! :lol:
Ricky almost got us in trouble once tho. We had pulled up to a stoplight and Ricky decided to pop open the trunk to see where we were. We all froze!!! We were sitting right next to a squad car and trying hard to hide how many kids we had stuffed inside the bug! The cop just stared at us a second, rolled down his window and asked us where we were going. We said, "to school sir". He just shook his head and told us to be careful. Ricky slunk back into the trunk and we SLOWLY pulled away when the light changed and we could see the two cops laughing their heads off!!! :lau

Last edited:
chickisoup that is a BEST IN SHOW STORY!!
ya.gif
I bet you have many others being such a "cool" kid. Wish they had cell phones back in the day, that would have been 'some" picture

chickisoup     that is a BEST IN SHOW  STORY!!  :ya   I bet you have many others being such a "cool" kid.  Wish  they had cell phones back in the day, that would have been 'some" picture

:lol: a few more and most of them can even be told in public :lau

Actually the best ones usually involve my brother who had the wildest sense of humor, which was not always the best thing for me like when I started high school the first thing said to me was at my very first homeroom when they did roll call. The teacher called my name out, stopped, looked me straight in the eye, dropped her head and said "are you Chuck' s little sister?" With such a sinister tone the entire room started to snicker! :oops:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom