Any Roosters in here?

You shot of Abby doesn't have a good profile to it like the other pics do, so I'm not really able to see the hackle and saddle feathers. If you can get a closer profile shot showing the hackle and saddle feathers, I could be more definitive on Abby.

How bout this one? She very tatty looking .. still has tufts of baby fluff :)

How bout this one? She very tatty looking .. still has tufts of baby fluff :)
That's a better profile pic. Abby doesn't have much feathering, but based on what I can see and on the thickness of the legs (which I couldn't really see in the other photo), I think Abby is likely a cockerel as well. I hope for you're sake that I am wrong on that. :eek:)

Thanks so much guys for your help. I really appreciate it. I'll assume all three are cockerels and send two back. So sad to lose Billie. The lady I purchased the chicks from said sometimes if roos grow up together they will get on ok with only the odd squirmish but I'm not prepared to risk it. I have heard they can kill each other. No thanks. Besides I don't want to pay for his keep if he is not going to earn it by giving me some eggs. One rooster is enough :)

sad.png
Never mind .. the breeder said she can swap her for a nice wee buff sussex and return Billie. The light sussex I will keep.

Thanks so much guys for your help. I really appreciate it. I'll assume all three are cockerels and send two back. So sad to lose Billie. The lady I purchased the chicks from said sometimes if roos grow up together they will get on ok with only the odd squirmish but I'm not prepared to risk it. I have heard they can kill each other. No thanks. Besides I don't want to pay for his keep if he is not going to earn it by giving me some eggs. One rooster is enough :)

Good decision! The issue us not just multiple roosters getting along (in your situation I would say it working out okay is unlikely) - but the fact that, if these birds pictured are the sum total of your flock, you haven't got nearly enough females to support having more than one rooster in your flock.....you have to consider not just aggression between the roosters, but the overmating of your hens.

Back
Top Bottom