Any safe insecticides?

Misskristeen

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2022
I live in Northern California. We get pesky field roaches where I live. They usually die or get stuck on their backs and we feed them to our chickens. They love it!
However, it seems like there are more and more inside the house now that it’s getting hotter outside. My husband would like to spray some kind of roach killer, but is hesitant because of the birds. My flock is 100% free range- they can, and do, go anywhere and everywhere in my backyard.

Is there a safe insect/roach spray for chickens?

Is there a safe insect/roach spray for chickens?
Nothing that works, no.

I know this because my wife won't allow a single chemical on premises no matter what. I have tried and tried in the past and have had zero luck - spending countless dollars in the process.

Call an exterminator. A lot of them will be able to help out with either no chemical methods or advising how to keep your chickens safe.

Human house? Boric acid under/behind counters and such. DE is an option in this case as well.
Nothing that works, no.

I know this because my wife won't allow a single chemical on premises no matter what. I have tried and tried in the past and have had zero luck - spending countless dollars in the process.

Call an exterminator. A lot of them will be able to help out with either no chemical methods or advising how to keep your chickens safe.
Thank you for this information. I guess the next step is the exterminator.

Back
Top Bottom