Any Serama bantam owners located on Long Island in NY?

PrettyChicky25

Chirping
Feb 6, 2023
Hello, I recently rescued what I believe to be a Serama bantam chicken. I took her to my avian vet and she was diagnosed with coccidia. I treated her with Corid so she should be okay. We have a vet follow up next week. She also had a lame leg which I gave her Epsom salt baths every night to help heal. She can now walk again. I am concerned that I might not be able to take care of her due to my living set up. I have carpets that I think she would chew and she may be better off with another bantam of her kind. I only have parrots and a dove. I am looking into all of my options because this chicken is just the sweetest little bird. If there is anyone located on Long Island that might be interested if I cannot keep her, I would be interested in seeing pictures of your set ups, how you keep and feed your birds, etc. If I do re-home her I want her to go to the best home possible. This truly is a special chick. :)

Wow, this is such a beautiful story, I hope she finds a good home!

But maybe you want to keep her! I was looking at craigslist for seramas and there seems to be someone in flushing who sells serama pairs if you want to get her some friends (wink wink).

Please share pics!

Wow, this is such a beautiful story, I hope she finds a good home!

But maybe you want to keep her! I was looking at craigslist for seramas and there seems to be someone in flushing who sells serama pairs if you want to get her some friends (wink wink).

Please share pics!
Thanks for your reply. I will share pics when she gets better! I do want to keep her but I'll have to see if it's possible. There is no way I can have more than 4 birds (I have three now) or I would get her a friend. I never even knew about bantam chickens before I found her. I thought she was a pigeon when I saw her in the woods!

If you are still looking for a home, we would take a look at her. We are in eastern LI and we have silkies and one serama bantam that we love! They are all a part of the family. If you would like to contact me to exchange pics, my email is [email protected]

If you are still looking for a home, we would take a look at her. We are in eastern LI and we have silkies and one serama bantam that we love! They are all a part of the family. If you would like to contact me to exchange pics, my email is [email protected]
Thank you so much for responding but I have decided to keep her. I love this little bird and after having her for a few months, she is family now and I could never give her away. Just out of curiosity, do you keep your bantam inside or outside?

Oh good. They are very lovable! Ours is outside, but my daughter has her inside often. My sister had one that lived inside. He came in and went right in his cage at the end of the day.

Oh good. They are very lovable! Ours is outside, but my daughter has her inside often. My sister had one that lived inside. He came in and went right in his cage at the end of the day.

I live in a condo so I have to keep mine inside but she seems happy. I will take her outside every week though with the rest of my birds once it warms up. I never even knew what a bantam was until I found mine. They are sooo cute!!

Back
Top Bottom