Any thoughts on breed or sex?! Thank you so much!

Jendito

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2015
Our four little lovely chicks are growing so fast! We hatched them in a DIY incubator.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on breed or sex? They are a couple days off 6 weeks old :)

I can get better pics ... I am not sure what to photograph so thought I would start with a quick snap of each.

1. Pip The Miracle (saved from the shell when checking on DAY 27 what had gone wrong with the hatch!! Crazy journey with zero chance little ones a fighter!!)

2. Chirp

3. Yellow Love Heart

4. Trouble

(then all 4)

All of them look like they are going to be roosters. Sorry!
sad.png

Last edited:
hahah thats ok! We have lots of homes for potential roosters before hatching :) Just out of curiosity what in your opinion suggests they are all roos?

We wing sexed for 3 hens and 1 roo ....

Last edited:
Wing sexing only works for certain hybrids or strains bred for the trait. Your hatching luck is like mine, they are all cockerels. That much comb color at just 6 weeks of age says it all, as does the feathering pattern of 2 of those black and red boys. One of them sure is built like a tank.

I very much appreciate and respect everyone's expertise!!!!

Looks like we have one for the farm and three for the freezer hehe!

@keesmom seriously one of the black and the yellow are built like serious tanks and came from the tiniest eggs .... looks like i do have a bad hatching luck (thankful I planned)

Back
Top Bottom