Any tips for hatching guinea eggs??

CrazyDuckDude816

Chirping
Jun 24, 2019
Hi! I've been having great success with hatching, and it's become sort of a hobby. A friend of mine wants me to hatch some of her guinea eggs, and I've only ever hatched out ducklings. I know it's around the same incubation period, but are there any different procedures that will help me improve the hatch rate for my friend? Tips and stories would help me A LOT because online doesn't have a lot of info on hatching guinea keets. Any tips??

Hi! I've been having great success with hatching, and it's become sort of a hobby. A friend of mine wants me to hatch some of her guinea eggs, and I've only ever hatched out ducklings. I know it's around the same incubation period, but are there any different procedures that will help me improve the hatch rate for my friend? Tips and stories would help me A LOT because online doesn't have a lot of info on hatching guinea keets. Any tips??
:frow Hi! Sorry no one has replied. Have you tried looking around or posting in the Guinea forum? Might get better responses there.

Or perhaps @R2elk or @Redhead Rae can provide some guidance?

Hi there, I don’t think that guineas are any harder then chicks, certainly easier than ducks! Same temperature (99.5 F with forced air) as chicks. I incubate at slightly higher humidity (35-45%) than chicks (25-35%), but I think that others dry incubate. The incubation time (26-28 days) is rather variable, so I lockdown at 24 days. Candling is a little harder because of the thick shell, so I don’t try until 14 days of incubation, then I toss the clears. Blood rings are hard to see so that’s my only decision making candle. Hope your hatch goes well!

Hi there, I don’t think that guineas are any harder then chicks, certainly easier than ducks! Same temperature (99.5 F with forced air) as chicks. I incubate at slightly higher humidity (35-45%) than chicks (25-35%), but I think that others dry incubate. The incubation time (26-28 days) is rather variable, so I lockdown at 24 days. Candling is a little harder because of the thick shell, so I don’t try until 14 days of incubation, then I toss the clears. Blood rings are hard to see so that’s my only decision making candle. Hope your hatch goes well!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom