Any way/ reason to patch a cracked egg?

You might check with all the king's horses and all the king's men and see what they have to say!
hmm.png

never heard or thought of fixing a crack.. Might try it now.. how about super glue?? Or is that too toxic??

and "no" to the person who asked if you would have to peel the wax off..

crayon sounds good to me and it would make it easier to find and keep track of that particular egg.

.....jiminwisc........

Quote:
Not sure if I would patch an egg on day 20 (it could pip anytime)
If you do decide to patch it yes when you see a pip you should remove the wax so it doesnt interfear with the chick trying to hatch (would only make it harder) Is the crack near where the chick would pip ? Did you candle the egg ?? Does the chick seem to be formed ?

I raise Pigeons and removed the eggs for candleing when i went to put the eggs in i got the first in. But when i went to put the second in she swatted my hand with her wing and it fell to the cage bottom.
barnie.gif
I picked it up and it had a crack on the small end and i was upset.
hit.gif
I had the thought wonder if i could fix it would it hatch it was fertile and developing.

So not knowing what to do i went searching and finally decided to use the cloth tape like they use at the hospital I carefully cut a small piece and formed it over the crack and it was like it had never been cracked.
ya.gif
I was still nervous and prayed it would hatch
fl.gif
. One week later there was the shell on the bottom of the cage and a baby in the nest.
celebrate.gif

bandana, I have also fixed split fingernails with superglue..

I was a carpenter for many years.. as a quick non-slip bandage for cuts, we often used silicon caulk. by the time it wears off, the cut is healed..

.jiminwisc........

I had an egg that was cracked and I didn't do anything to it - developed all the way to day 18. Not sure why it was a quitter but it wasn't the only one of that batch.

I candled the egg tonight, once it got dark enough outside to see in an egg with a flashlight. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, the cracked egg was a dud, just liquid inside.

But now I know what to do if ever that happens again. I made sure my boys came with me to watch me wax seal this egg. I want them to have lots of chicken wisdom and care tips by the time they're grown enough to have their own flocks.

Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom