Any way to keep chickens out of the flower bed?

Ohiostatfan

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Ohio
My husband (yes HE) is having a coronary b/c the chickens are in the flower bed where we've been trying to grow ivy and morning glories up a trellis.
Anyway short of wrapping the whole thing in chicken wire to keep them out of there?

Thanks!

~Bridget

Maybe just a little landscaping fence...like one of those little white picket ones that are like 3 ft tall....other than that, not much you can do!!
big_smile.png

electric pet fence. but that's no good if you're working around it a lot, cuz just like zapping animals, it will zap you too.

If they're anything like my girls, you will need a 10ft chain link barbed wire electrified fence.

If I were you, I'd rip out every trace of the morning glory.

I made the mistake of "I'll have morning glory grow up this trellis"
Now that stuff is taking over! I rip it all out and two weeks later It pops up on the other side of the yard!
(I think the neighbor is throwing seeds over the fence)

It's really bad now that it's summer. I swear it grows a foot a day. It sends out runners under the mulch all over.

I went out to sea for a month when I got back I couldn't find the back yard.
I think I'm gonna have to move.
hmm.png

Quote:
LOL thats what everyone keeps saying about Morning Glories.....lol and we tried to grow them last year, went halfway up the trellis, planted NEW ones this year and they are doing "ok" but certainly not taking over the property like they are supposed to! LOL

I did end up fencing it off w/ garden netting to please the hubby....lol but I bet $1 that they still dont grow enough!

~Bridget

I guess it's because im in Saqn Diego and it never really turns "Winter" here that the stuff keeps growing.

But it's possessed by the devil!

I swear it "knows" things. It can find the one and only vertical thing and climb up it, then lean three feet to another tree and climb that thing too!

At any time I'm expecting to go outside, find the chickens missing, and two chicken sized "pods" waiting to open.

"Pod chickens from the planet Silkie"

Or "hey, look at the pretty flower! I think I'll smell it..." "DART< DART<DART" and everything goes black....Awake to find a morning glory knawing on my leg singing "Feed me Seymore......!"
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom