Anybody care for a special needs chicken?

When I exercise her legs she is giving me more resistance and her toes are curling more. She still won't eat on her own but she does drink water really well. I expect she will make a recovery but I'm sure it will be a long time.

I have no idea what you should do, but I did want to commend you for doing all that you are for her. I will give the floor back to those who know how to help. Good luck to you both

No she's not watching any cooking show : ). She's completely safe here as my husband and I do NOT eat chicken.

I have no idea what you should do, but I did want to commend you for doing all that you are for her. I will give the floor back to those who know how to help. Good luck to you both

Thank you. Ever since I was little I've always had this obsession of helping injured animals and bringing home strays. I have 8 rescued house rabbits also : )

I am sad to report that my silkie passed away this morning. I was with her when she took her last breath so she didn't go alone.

Oh sorry, what time she had with you was precious.
1f61e.png

Oh sorry, what time she had with you was precious.
1f61e.png
she must have waited until I got up. When I got her up and brought her to the couch and sit down with her to adjust her she was gone in less than 10 minutes. She stretched her neck out a couple of times and gave a few gurggles and her head fell over and she closed her eyes. I will never know what happened because everything was very odd and not normal by any standards. She never showed the normal signs of injury. Everything about her was fine except she couldn't use her legs. At least I know she's at the bridge with my Peanut (my black silkie roo) who was taken along with 14 of my chickens by a pack of coyotes. Peanut was the best little rooster and so very friendly. He was funny looking but he was a sweet boy who always came to me when I went outside. He was the only chicken I ever had that would let me hold him and sit in my lap.

Back
Top Bottom