Anybody care for a special needs chicken?

So sorry to hear she passed away. You did a fantastic job giving her the very best of care. Unfortunately some injuries surpass their ability to adapt and survive.

I feel really bad
1f622.png
1f622.png

I think whatever cause her to loose the ability to eat on her own that killed her. I believe she damaged her brain because when I would stick her beak in the food she couldn't pick it up. When she tried her head slipped forward. I'm sad that I lost her cause I really wanted her to get better but at least she wasn't just left to die on her own. She knew I cared and that's why she waited to pass until I got up. She didn't want to go alone and she didn't.

I feel so sad for you and your sweet chicken but because you shared so much about her and everyone offered their best advise I some how feel sad for all of us. We all lost your lovely little silke mommy and all wanted her to get better. Peace be with you and do share your adventures with your flock

I sorry. we had to put down my friend hen last night. I normally wouldn't feel so guilty cuz she was so sick by the time they got her to me but her owner is a sweet 6 yr ols girl who balled handing her over to come c me to get better :(
its never easy to loos a feather baby. big hugs to you for giving her a chance and loving her with all you have :)

Back
Top Bottom