Anybody else "chicked Out!" for the season?

It took me two days last week to completely clean my dining room after hatching chicks Feb & March and brooding them in April.

Dust everywhere! I washed the wallpaper on the walls, windows, baseboards, moved furniture, etc.
The surrounding rooms were almost as bad. It gave "spring cleaning" a new dimension.

I'm sure I'll forget this pain by next January
gig.gif

I only had 24. but 50 and 75! They are a lot of work.
Now that they are outside, they are still a lot of work to "train" to go into their tractors, coop's & pens.

Brenda

YES YES YES.... I have hatched more then 250 eggs since march and I am wiped out.. I still have two brooders going and once they are out Im done for awhile.... I finnaly had to empty my paypal so I wont purchase anymore eggs and boxed up all the bators....

I only have three young 'uns and I can't believe the dust. These are my first chicks and I had read about the dust, but my house is always dusty so I thought what's a little more. Ack! Today or tomorrow they go out to their deluxe accomodations. I'm crazy about them but it's time to meet the big world outside of the dining room.

Quote:
You really want to be careful with them in the house. I now have all kinds of lung issues because of it. The chickens have been in the garage for a little more than a week, and I still have uncontrollable coughing spells.

Hatched out? Nope, not yet. I had 17 my first hatch in late March and hope for about 2 dozen more for my next, probably late July-early August. I incubate in the house because I can't get the stable temperatures I need anywhere else, but I like being married, especially to my first, current, last, and only wife.

My brooder is set up in the coop from day 1. I wait until the worst of the threat of single digit temperatures and power outages from ice storms are pretty much over, provide a safe heat source and a draft-free brooder, and they do fine. My life is easier with this system too.

Back
Top Bottom