AnyBody else set to hatch this weekend?

This morning I woker up to 8 babies in the bator, there were 4 last night, plus I have 2 in the brooder. 12 more to go!!!

the First 3

24137_chicks_1.jpg

24137_chick_1.jpg

I noticed mine like to hatch when it's dark, last night I had 7 zipped so I told my husband to watch, once I turn out the lights one of those will hatch, and sure enough within 20 minutes of turning out the lights I had and new RIR, LOL, then we went to be and woke up to 4 more chickies!!!! Little Buggers, waiting until nobody is lookin!

Mine were due Friday, and I had 8 or so hatch on Thursday, and by yesterday morning I had 11. Then they seemed to take a break, and this morning we have two more.

I have five left, no pips or peeps. I dont know about them. These are from chickens that were not eating anything but layer mash, and some were two weeks old. we had about eight quitters, which is really not bad I dont think, considering how old hey were. They were all fertile.

And then my DS unplugged the Bator on Thursday, and on friday he turned it up to 104....
he.gif
The poor little chickies that were hatched were panting, but seem OK.

9 out of 12 and 3 out of 4, plus one blue orph that ended up with these from those that hatched 3 days ago, I must of moved an egg and didn't realize it. all shipped eggs. Woo Hoo

Awww....all those babies are so darned cute!

I had one hatch very early this morning & have 6 more pips....I also stuck 4 pipped eggs under my broody silkie cochin hen. Hope that works!

I am waiting on 5 Jersey Giants & a bunch of Silkie Cochins!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom