Anybody else started on their gardens this year.

You have gardens, and I have snow.
barnie.gif

I am attempting to grow a basement garden this year(indoor grow lights, and various pots and trays with some natural sunlight coming through the south window). I have spinach, a leaf lettuce(can't remember exact type), radishes, cucumbers, spaghetti squash, and butternut squash. I also just got a ton of heirloom seeds in that I will be sprouting in my basement in the next couple of weeks. Can't really transplant outside until middle of May here in Michigan.

I'm in north Texas and have 3 types of onions, 3 types of potatoes, several types of asparagus, spinach, mesclun, radishes, herbs, peas, cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, collards, cabbage and rhubarb in the ground. Will be doing turnips and carrots this week, too. I love spring!!

This is my first time attempting potatoes. Not sure what to expect or how soon to think they will start growing? Anxious to see progress! LOL!

I've seen a lot of people growing them in various containers lately. Let me know how it works out if you do!

I can't get in my garden yet. I need to run the tiller thru once more but it has been raining about every other day and it's to wet.

We got 8in of snow last week and the temps have been in the teens so it isn't melting, and we're scheduled for another blast on tuesday and wednesday. We usually can't get into the garden until about april or may.

Back
Top Bottom