Anybody ever got Brahmas, Excheucher Leghorns, Cochins, silies- Ideal?

I ordered from Ideal for the first time a few weeks ago. I called the day of a hatch date and ordered 20 assorted bantam chicks. Two days later 21 healthy active chicks showed up at the post office! No casualties so far, only problem is one silkie has 4 toes, lol!!! They were prompt, polite, and they had great service so I would order from them again.

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

I ordered the Bantam assortment from Ideal. I ended up with a bunch of White Frizzled Cochin roos, 2 smooth white cochin roos, and 2 red silkie roos.

One of the frizzles is a little runty, but the rest are really cute.. in the weird frizzle chicken looking kinda way LOL. The 2 smooths are REALLY, REALLY pretty. So pretty that I would keep them if they weren't roos, even though I dont want feather footed chickens. But I dont show, so I dont know if they meet standards or not.

The Silkies..... well, they are a completely different story! They are not pretty at all. The head poofs are not very big, the combs are too red.... heck, one's comb is wayyyyy off... looks like weird SINGLE comb, points and all! They do have the black skin and 5 toes though. Definitely PET quality, but they are sweet roos.

I LOVE the OEGB I got from them though... and the New Hampshire and white laced red cornish banties! I liked Ideal, adn will do business with them again. I had some loss with the first shipment (Probably all my frizzle hens- my luck!). Their customer service was great and I recieved my replacement shipment the following week. All of which are still very much alive... the roos having crowing contests and the pullets ready to lay anyday now!

I've ordered from Ideal several times. Their Silkies are not pretty at all...infact, they may be the ugliest Silkies I've ever seen. The Bantam Cochin's are a different story...the Golden Laced were beautiful!!!!

I was very pleased with their service, shipping & price. The chicks all arrived healthy. I just want pets/egg layers, so I don't care as much about appearance. The dark Brahma chicks do have nice leg feathering.

I am happy with my chicks, they have great personalities. If you want pet quality these guys are a great bargain, however, if you are looking to show your chickens buy from a breeder. Most of the chicks I ordered have some kind of fault, the red cochins have very little feathering on their legs and the silkies have funny looking heads. My OEG bantams look very nice though!

There's someone here called "peachick," and I just hatched Exchequer leghorns from her eggs. She also has silkies, Ameracauna, marans...I think sumatra and maybe cochins? You might want to look for someone here and order from them because than you can see pix of the parents...

Back
Top Bottom