Anybody ever got Brahmas, Excheucher Leghorns, Cochins, silies- Ideal?

FF

Songster
10 Years
Jan 9, 2010
Tennessee
Hello. I am wanting to get me some silkies and some more cochins but only want a few. I was thinking about Brahams too. But has anybody got any of these breeds? Are the quality good? Looking more for White, black slikes. Thanks for any replys.

I got five Ex Leghorns from Ideal.
They are still quite young so it is hard to tell the quality. I am going to send pics to a breeder on the Prairies to ask their opinion,

Never ordered from Ideal but I think they are trustworthy
big_smile.png

BTW: Did you ever get California Whites or no?

Quote:
Yes i did. Any you know hat. I ordered 1 pullet at the last minute. I know I should have ordered more but I had alreday went over my spending limit. I didn't have them on my list. But i did say throw me in a califorina st run. I was thinking it was a pullet. She didn't have a real dark comb and was real nice..
And you know what? They lived for a long time, healthy and everything. they was out free ranging and guess what. A hawk got one the first day. Ok take one and leave. (by the way, I HATE hawks with a passion and absoultely despise those creatures) and everything was fine the next day and then the day after that it got one of my Production Red Pullets/rooster. Oh man I was mad. This was when they was 5-6 weeks old. Those were beautiful birds by the way. That hawk has got over 40 of my chcikens so far. I had 76 out of the batch I got from hoovers and I only have 49 now. So Ideal has them and I will get maybe 2this time if I order and see what i get. Thanks Mattew

Quote:
Yes i did. Any you know hat. I ordered 1 pullet at the last minute. I know I should have ordered more but I had alreday went over my spending limit. I didn't have them on my list. But i did say throw me in a califorina st run. I was thinking it was a pullet. She didn't have a real dark comb and was real nice..
And you know what? They lived for a long time, healthy and everything. they was out free ranging and guess what. A hawk got one the first day. Ok take one and leave. (by the way, I HATE hawks with a passion and absoultely despise those creatures) and everything was fine the next day and then the day after that it got one of my Production Red Pullets/rooster. Oh man I was mad. This was when they was 5-6 weeks old. Those were beautiful birds by the way. That hawk has got over 40 of my chcikens so far. I had 76 out of the batch I got from hoovers and I only have 49 now. So Ideal has them and I will get maybe 2this time if I order and see what i get. Thanks Matthew

No problem
big_smile.png
I have just been wondering if you did or didn't
big_smile.png
Thanks!

Here are my Cochins that I ordered from Ideal.

Elvis & Priscella (suppose to be 2 pullets) - hatched in Feb.

37917_dscn0469.jpg

Priscella

37917_102_3731.jpg

Elvis as a chick

37917_white_cochin.jpg

My newest babies - hatched in May I have 8 - 2 barred - 1 black - 2 red - 1 buff - 2 white

Barred Cochin
37917_dscn0473.jpg

Buff

37917_dscn0481.jpg

The others were being camera shy.

Thank you for the pictures. I have ordered from McMurrays and hoovers. But never tryed Ideal but ideal is looking pretty god. I am wanting White silkies and have not made my mind up on the cochins and the excheucher leghorns. thanks for all the reply and the picture magpie16. If anybody else has any other pictures they wouldn't mind sharing please post them. thanks a whole bunch.

I got 2 dark Brahma chicks from Ideal. They are cute & healthy & curious with nicely feathered legs. They are only 2 weeks old, so I have no idea how they will look once grown, but they should be fine for my backyard layer flock.

I ordered 15 pullets last year, 5 dark, 5 light and 5 buff Brahmas. They were sweet and calm and really nice looking birds. I sold them last month because I decided against breeding them. Well really I could not find a roo to save my life.
I just moved my new ones outside today that I got from Ideal, and they are all healthy, have good feathering, markings are correct. I am very pleased with them.

Back
Top Bottom