Should I sell Cream Legbars, Appenzeller Spitzhaubens, or Lemon Owlbeards?

Are these the lemon owlbeard stock from Greenfire or another variety of Owlbeard?

What has your experience with them been?
Yes, they are from Greenfire. Thus far they’re the only known importers. I absolutely LOVE them. Didn’t initially plan to breed them but got 2 littles in an assortment and fell in love. Then I had to get a bunch more. I call them my minions. They’re the friendliest breed ever. Second to them would be the Shetlands I’d say. The chicks fly out of the brooder and sit on your hand, perfectly content. One of my originals I named ‘Baby Girl’ (not original, I know) BUT she is literally my baby. Since she was little I could reach in and she would hop up on my hand and ride it out of the brooder to look around and then I’d lower it back and she would hop off. Now she is an adult and she still readily hops up on my hand when I put it under her belly and rides my arm to ‘survey’ the yard. It’s not just a one bird thing either. I’ve had four batches of chicks and they’re all similarly friendly. When I walk into the coop I’m liable to become a human perch for someone. They’re fliers. Wow, wings. And they can jump. The littles start being able to fly out of the brooder quite early.
They’re also incredibly hardy. Health, cold. I think their motto in life is “zero clucks given”… like you’re supposed to go inside when it’s snowing? Zero clucks. And it’s like that for pretty much everything. Even my husband is like “you know the Owlbeards are pretty cool” 😂. So yes, safe to say great experience. I did a test hatch, they’re 3 weeks old. The latest batch was all Owlbeards, they’re just over a week old. The chicks are the cutest. The fluffy cheeks are priceless💕.

Attachments

• IMG_7037.jpeg
    IMG_7037.jpeg
    358 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom