Anybody hatching on Jan 9th?

Quote:
you know what helps-auctioning off any possibility eggs like I did earlier-I knew If I didnt do it I would throw them in too and then have a staggered hatch which I dont want!! I will throw in silkie eggs staggered though since i have a few more days before I hsve to start collecting for one more person after Xmas-so until then those 1-2 silkie eggs a day are mine..mau au auaua

Quote:
yes me me me---I just posted this am asking if someone was hatching ths day:)

I have 11 EE's-2 lav split silkies-4 olive eggers-10 polish and cochin eggs! oooh I waould love a BCM

When mine start laying I will send you some. All I ask is you pay shipping. I will send you a test hatch. Be forewarned these chickens are pretty awesome!
big_smile.png

I'm due January 8th. This is my very first try. My silkie hen went broody so I ordered some eggs. When they got here my hen was already out and about so I'm on my own, 99.5/100.2 35% and holding, Fan and turner.
31 silkie black, blue, partridge and half white and one loney little porcelain d'uccle suprise. I have chickens every where. I know I've looked in the incubator more then 100 times, just checking. This is going to seem like for ever.

Quote:
yes me me me---I just posted this am asking if someone was hatching ths day:)

I have 11 EE's-2 lav split silkies-4 olive eggers-10 polish and cochin eggs! oooh I waould love a BCM

When mine start laying I will send you some. All I ask is you pay shipping. I will send you a test hatch. Be forewarned these chickens are pretty awesome!
big_smile.png

Heck yeah-just let me know when they are ready!!! thanks so much

I candled all 10 eggs last night at 60 hours. All eggs had a yolk size dark spot that was not there when we put them in. I could not make out any veins for sure. Will look again tonight.

Things are going very well, 99.5/100.2 37%. I'm not sure if I am going to candle at day 10 because I'm not really sure if I want to open the incubator to change any thing. But I don't want an egg to explode and make a big ole mess. So I'll keep reading. Does anyone think opening the incubator at day 10 will be a bad thing and how long can I keep it open? Do you open, take one out candle, put it back. Or take 5 or 6 out candle them swap them out 5 or 6? How long is too:barnie long to be messing with them? Or should I just open smell if good let well enough alone?
barnie.gif

Quote:
ok I put a towel in the dryer to get warm and then bring nest to bator if Im ready at that very second to check. I pull out as many as I can in a few seconds and place on towel while closing lid---candle all pull to the side clear ones-blood rings etc...put the rest back in at once and keep doing that until all candled...You will not hurt them to candle at day 10..My bator is sucking out! spikes lows temps-Ill be shocked if I make it to day 21 without pulling all out because they quit on me! Im trying to stay positive but when the temps have been so screwy it upsets me---humidity is at 39% Im cool with that:) I dont add more water until it gets to 30%...then let it go up and fall again...

Back
Top Bottom