Anybody hatching on Jan 9th?

I'm due on the 11th. I'm doing a test hatch with my own eggs. We have 3 new roosters, I know the 2 big roosters ( aka Wynette boys) have been doing their rooster thing. I'm not sure about the silkie rooster. The female silkie we have isn't laying yet, he mainly sticks with her. So, I'm not expecting anything from him.

Our last hatch didn't go well for various reasons, so I'm testing a batch of twelve eggs from certain hens. I am trying the dry hatch method. I did a base reading of the humidity in our house, and I think that's one part of the problem with the last hatch. Dry incubation might work better this time around. So, I'll be candling in about 5 days, and keeping my fingers crossed
smile.png

Good Luck to you guys!

Bluemoon

Sonew123: towel warmer, that's a great plan. I was just going to turn the heat up, not so good plan.
Now I have 3 broody hens. So every body is getting some fuzz balls when/if they hatch.
today 99.5/100 37% now, but when I got up it was 99.7/100.2 37%. I think that's still good?
I need to get out of the house and get every one some sand for there dust bath. Good luck each and every one. Marry Christmas and God bless us all.

Quote:
When I got up bator was 104 agaIN!!! I cant stand that bator! Im going to look for a new one before my next hatch-If I have the funds! This stupid thing was over 100$

Last edited:
Mine is a hova, old 1602N I got on CL in the summer, turner and fan. today it got to 99.7 twice but most of the time 99.5/100.2. Yesterday it was 37%. Today went down to 35%, not bad for someone that never did this before. All holes open, no water yet.
frow.gif

oh boy it looks like I am gonna have a staggered hatch. I bought 12 more eggs that should come the first of the week so getting another incubator to use as a hatcher
cool.png
I couldn't help myself lol.

Another incubator. I'm not there yet. I have one coop that is a stall with four hens in it so I need to divide so I can put the chicks that I have in the house out there. I also need another run. Always some thing, Oh why didn't someone tell me? I do Love it. Come on babys you can make it.
This morning the temperture was to high ?/100.8 turned down holding at 99.5/100. 32%. I hope that's still O.K.
Looks like I'm going to be adding water pretty soon. How is every one else doing?

101.6 right now-Im cool with that at least its below 102! 37% humidity--just relaxing today trying to forget I have eggs in as I have a sick duck in my tub with a cold! cleaning coops all day-DH put heaters in both-its 50degrees in both right now-I was almost alseep watching my girls in one coop-I love it after the coops are cleaned fresh bedding everywhere and no stench-I sat on their ladder and almost dozzzed...

We hope to be hatching 40 Coturnix Quail on the 9th or 10th of January. We have 50 Chicks under 5 weeks in the barn basement right now, might just as well add some Quail to the mix. For those of you having temperature problems with styro bators, try putting a good heavy towel or quilt over it. Last year I did that for late November/early December hatching and it really helped stabilize the temps. This year I have an incubator of my own design. I used cement board in it and (pardon the pun) the temperatures are rock solid! 40 deg f in the barn and the bator is 100.5 steady.

Chris

I could only wish for a barn basement! any basement-it would be full year round!!! hmm maybe its a good thing I dont have one!

Back
Top Bottom