Anybody hatching on Jan 9th?

I got a 4 pk of sponges for 1$ at the dollar tree store. I figure I will cut them up or whatever when the time comes. I also got some blue aquarium tubing for the hatcher. I threaded it through into the water well and added a few more pieces through the sides so I can wet the sponges with a syringe etc. I like this blue tubing better than the clear that I used in the incubator because I can see it easier/make sure that is positioned properly in the water wells.

I also went to the dollar store to get new sponges. Eggs are set and I candled one more time 12:15pm one was clear and I took that one out. I think I saw one chick for sure. 99.5/98.4 38%. I sure hope the humidity goes up.
fl.gif

i have 30 eggs due the 10th , in the pen are buff orps , americanas, barred rock, black sex links, light brahmas, andalusians , and turkens, so hopefully i will get some pures out of the deal i purchased these eggs , and i cant wait i candled last night and out of 30 eggs im not sure of 2 so to me thats not bad and this will be my second hatch the first one was on the 29th of last month and that was 8 eggs and i still have 2 chicks out of it they came on time and out of the other six they were late and one dud and one quitter out of them but that hatch was an experiment ....so im happy with the two surviviers ,..... cant wait to see pics of everyones chicks

I got a 4 pk of sponges for 1$ at the dollar tree store. I figure I will cut them up or whatever when the time comes.

Okay, I'm a newbie at this and also getting ready to start lockdown. What are the sponges for exactly, and where do I put them? I bought some but don't know exactly why!!​

Quote:
Okay, I'm a newbie at this and also getting ready to start lockdown. What are the sponges for exactly, and where do I put them? I bought some but don't know exactly why!!

they are used for humidity, they have a nice surface area and hold water good so that is why they are used, usually people just set them in the incubator on the mesh floor or they put it on a little saucer plate that way it holds water even better

You guys are already on lockdown?! Mine are due the 9th and lockdown isnt until tomorrow.. (the 6) But most of my eggs look like they are ready to hatch but some look like they are on day 15/16 but they are all still moving and appear healthy
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom