Anybody hatching on Jan 9th?

20 hours 15 minutes to lockdowm!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
:yiipchick:yiipchick:yiipchick:yiipchick

Yes! tomorrow night is my lockdown & I can hardly wait. So exciting!!!!! My DS and I have a fun bet on how many chicks will actually hatch from the first batch of 45. He's betting 36 hatch and I am betting/hoping for at least 35...and that they are all hens. Haha! I should have more than that, but I've seen so many make it to the last days and then never fully hatch out. Loser gets to wash the bator when it's done.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Mine is locked down a few hours late too. I calibrated my hygrometers last night. I found one was off by 8, one off by 5, and the new one that I just got a few days ago was off by 19 !!! That one is going back to the store lol.

It is too late to join up? I have 22 eggs due to hatch late Jan. 8th.

5 Lavender Orps
6 Copper Black Marans
7 Silkie Splash Ameraucanas
4 Blue/Black Ameraucanas

I have only candled mine once on day 10 - I usually have better luck if I just don't mess with them too much. So I'm anxious to see what I'll get. The Lav Orps and CBM were shipped eggs, and I really want them to hatch.

Best wishes to all and sending out good hatching vibes!

It's fine. Have you hatched many times? This is my first time but I don't think I'll get any chicks my acu-rite is't working so I can't tell what my humidity is.
hit.gif
My hatch date is noon the 19th and I have 30 silkie and 1 porcelain d'uccle in my Hova- Bator 1602N.

Last edited:
WTH!!! I get home and temp was 103.8!!!! whipped top off bator and cool off and take turner out!!! good lord if I get these to hatch Ill be so happy! Lockdown has begun for me--believe it or not I heard tapping!!!

Back
Top Bottom