Anybody hatching on Jan 9th?

I forgot how LOUD chicks are!
jumpy.gif
..... Brooder outside my bedroom...........maybe not a good idea.........
old.gif

You still up? I could be done. Have nine then one some now got under the screen and was stuck on sharp wire. I went and washed hands the oxine and water dried went in to get her out layed her on top of the screen. Checked maybe again and darn if she wasn't back under there. Opened it back up again to get her out.
I know. Don't open and all my white one have not hatched but she was ripping her legs up.
This is my first time and I'm glad to have the ones I have. I do have a humidifier in the room so that might help.
I have some changes to do to this thing. I got it used and had no ideal what I was doing. Learning a lot.

Cute pictures!

I just woke up and checked the incubator. I have three chicks out. All my own Ameraucanas.

No movement at all from the five Lavender Orpingtons.
barnie.gif

I have two pips from the Black Copper Marans.
fl.gif

And one more pip from a Silkie Ameraucana.

I'll go take a picture of the babies I have now.

Quote:
Are you putting your chicks in the brooder as soon as they fluff out?

no-I leave them in for 6-8 hours-Enough to rest up and strengthen their legs and fluff some. The 3 that hatched by 6 am are still in there resting-the one chick was so big and its legs are massive(roo Im sure) its taken all this time for him to get his balance! I use hand towels the first week my guys go in brooder-helps them grip better and no bedding to eat-after a week I switch to bedding.

Back
Top Bottom