Anybody hatching on Jan 9th?

Finally one Black Copper Marans is out and looking good. Still one BCM pipped, and 4 pipped Silkie Splash Ameraucana eggs.

Nothing from the Lavender Orpingtons.

Mine are due to start hatching tonight. I am so excited reading all your posts and pics! I keep checking the bator window and talking to the eggs.

WOW!!! How intence was that?
Talk about being in the right place at the right time.
I think this has to be one of the best documented cases that I have ever put up.
The only thing better is video!
Mike
lol.png

welcome-byc.gif
my new little buddy!!!

If you click on a thumb pix it will get big!

Loving everyone's baby pics. I got one pip at 10am (this morning) It looks like it broke the outer shell but the white membrane is still intact. I can see the veins in the membrane. I can still hear it faintly peeping. I can see the egg move every once in awhile but it doesn't break through the membrane or make any more pips.... I am leaving it for now, not sure what I should be doing??
I just got a pip on another egg. It looks sort of like the same situation as the first.

Just leave them alone. I've had some take 12-16 hours with no progress then pop right out. Patience!

I have 5 with pips that haven't changed in hours. Two more babies coming out as we speak.

my humidity has been stable at 60% the whole time until another chick hatches then shoots to 70% for a short time. Its been a perfect hatch so far-some pips have been taking 12 hours to get out-not worrying though-they eventually have made it out
fl.gif
patience:)

Back
Top Bottom