Anybody have advice for Couples Trying to Conceive.

LOL I was going to say "Yeah, babysit 24/7 for week",, but really it's hard to give advice in this area. I was told my entire life I would never have children, boy did I get a shock when I found out I was 4 months preggers in the middle of a divorce. I don't have any cute cliche's because in this instance they just don't always make you feel better. Hang in there and good luck to you.

I would bet a whole lot of money that the best way to get pregnant is to adopt an infant. Expensive, but cheaper than fertility treatments. Have seen it too many times not to believe it. Even people who have been told they are infertile very often eventually have a child or two. We were not all designed to drop a kid every year. And demonstrates what has already been said here: relax, forget it, the effort to conceive interferes with conception.

I totally fail to understand why people who cannot afford fertility treatment think they can afford a child. Kids are unbelievably expensive. Do not get me started. Especially since we live on a planet with way too many people already.

You will conceive if you were meant to. Get over it.

Quote:
Just because I can't cough up thousands of dollars up front for a treatment that might not even work doesn't mean I can't afford it spread out. Kids usually don't go from costing $0 to $1200 overnight (barring an emergency and we would willingly go into debt for medical emergencies) usually it's just the mundane stuff like a pack of diapers and food every week. It adds up but so do paydays.
Somehow I can feed and care for all my pets, don't think I can't make it work for a human baby as well!

somad.gif
I really don't appreciate your snotty attitude.
somad.gif

Firstly stop worrying about it all...... let your body "recover" from the chemicals in the BC..... eat healthy, get a good nights sleep as much as possible and let mother nature take its course. Wanting to have a baby so much usually makes the body work against itself because it becomes stressed....... Nature has a way of making sure you will be ready to take on the pregnancy... so calm down, live your life and see what happens...

Take this from one lost five babies (early stages)... who had fertility treatment.....(expensive and mind blowing with the stress levels!!! I even crashed the car on the way to the hospital for more treatment, thinking I was a failure!) and who was told she would never ever have children..... I did have children two of them .... 11 years apart..... with natures help not chemical help..... the fertility treatment did not work....

Relax...... have a good meal and a nice glass of wine.....
hugs.gif

I had fertility issues at 21 and ended up doing IVF. After 7 tries at that I have 1 beautiful 17 year old daughter! Don't give up! I still try to read a lot about infertility to see what's on the horizon in case my DD has the same trouble as I did.

I've read a lot about folic acid. Look it up! Lots of green veggies!

Good Luck
fl.gif

I have read that it can take a while, months, for the effects of the birth control to clear out of your system.

I think I would try to eat healthy and excersize (just to maintain health, not run a marathon, unless you already do
smile.png
) and maybe keep track of your cycle and temps. Keeping track for a few months can give you a good idea of how you're cycling. Maybe now that the crazy man issue is resolved, the anexity won't be such a factor and your cycles will be more steady.

Best wishes to you and dh.

Quote:
Just because I can't cough up thousands of dollars up front for a treatment that might not even work doesn't mean I can't afford it spread out. Kids usually don't go from costing $0 to $1200 overnight (barring an emergency and we would willingly go into debt for medical emergencies) usually it's just the mundane stuff like a pack of diapers and food every week. It adds up but so do paydays.
Somehow I can feed and care for all my pets, don't think I can't make it work for a human baby as well!

somad.gif
I really don't appreciate your snotty attitude.
somad.gif

Tala- you are young, and if you can't afford medical care then it really isn't a good idea to have a baby. The actual first step is not a fertility clinic, it is your regular doctor. There are lots of tests that need to be done BEFORE the RE. I have a condition called hyperprolactinemia, which had my doctor not done a blood test, I wouldn't have known. Without medication I only ovulate 3-4X a year and am high risk for osteoporsis. All of this was diagnosed by my family physician, not a RE. You should have stability in your life and make sure you are taken care of before conceiving a child. I am not saying you need to be rich, we are a far cry from that, but children are a huge responsibility. Good Luck
hugs.gif

Kelsey, with my last pregnancy I did everything to try to get pregnant. Seemed like it took forever and the more obsessed I became, the worse the disappointment was every month. I had never had it take more than 3 months with any of my other children....
I know it's hard but everyone is right, relax.....easier said than done. You should talk to your OB/GYN and they can do basic tests to see if you have any other conditions that may make it difficult to conceive. While you are trying live a healthy lifestyle, eat right, don't smoke, drink moderately(heard a little wine may help, it relaxes, but don't binge) It has happened before, it will happen again
hugs.gif
wish you the best, good luck

eta- I also heard it can take upwards of 6 months for the birth control to work out of your system and your body to adjust, depending on which BC....

Last edited:
Don't panic. Most reputable fertility doctors don't consider treatment until you've tried to get pregnant for at least a year, and at your age probably two years. I know that is not what you want to hear, but it might just take awhile. Some of us can get pregnant easily, stay pregnant and have babies, some get pregnant easily but can't carry, some have trouble getting pregnant, carry easily and have good babies. Fertility comes in all kinds of packages. You are still in the honeymoon phase of marriage, enjoy it! Spend romantic time with the dh, have fun and don't worry about birth control. I'm sure that within a year you will have the results you seek.

would.."trying" every single day for a month work?

hu.gif
i am sorry you are going through this, at any rate
hugs.gif

have you thought about being a foster parent?

I can get pregnant by just kissing my hubby so I haven't been there or have personal advice for you but I will pray for you and your hubby to be able to conceive and have a very healthy baby!

I saw once on a fertility show that you need to relax and stop trying to have a baby. It will happen when the time is right. Trust that and just not worry about the anxiety of trying. Focus on keeping romance with the hubby and having fun with him and soon before you realize it, you might get a bun in the oven!

I would like to add too that I think you should enjoy several years with your husband to yourself. Children can take a big toll on a marriage and it will affect the amount of time you get to have with your husband alone, the romance will not be as hot always with kids, etc.. I have 3 kids and my husband and I have to make plans to spend tme alone. We get date night once a week and usually we are so tired we get a babysitter, go to dinner, and rush home to get some neeeeeeded sleeeeep
wink.png
It is hectic here alot and we don't have 'that' that we had when it was just us. I miss that alot but I do love my children and don't regret them at all. We have a wonderful family. I am just suggesting that you spend a few years alone to enjoy some more alone time with him before the kidos arrive
smile.png
That might help with your fertility as well. That is JMO though.

You have the right to have children no matter how many people are in this world. Everyone knows how expensive fertility treatments are and you have to cough most all that up at once. Children are expensive but it is totally not the same. You have the right to have children! That is what God wanted, 'Go Forth and MULTIPLY'
wink.png

Don't let anyone tell you any different and just ignore nonsense. You know there are wayyy too many animals in this world too but we still let our chickens, horses, dogs, etc have babies....Human life is way more important than an animal too so why wouldn't you be allowed to have your own children...? You Are =-) Keep your spirits UP.

Will be praying for you and your hubby! I hope you get the baby you want some day! Nothing like being a mommy! It will happen, just relax and start having fun with the hubby!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom