Anybody have any ideas for chicken entertainment?

build a sand box and mix dried mealworms and treats in the sand so they have to scratch around for them

I don't know how much your dried mealworms cost you but they are too cost prohibitive in my budget to lose in a sandbox. They break apart easily and half the pieces scatter and waste. So we just feed the mealworms by hand over the patio cement so the broken and dropped pieces can be found easily by the eagle-eyed chickens. Other treats and maybe wild bird seed in the sand would be good as they aren't as expensive to lose as dried mealworms.

I don't know how much your dried mealworms cost you but they are too cost prohibitive in my budget to lose in a sandbox. They break apart easily and half the pieces scatter and waste. So we just feed the mealworms by hand over the patio cement so the broken and dropped pieces can be found easily by the eagle-eyed chickens. Other treats and maybe wild bird seed in the sand would be good as they aren't as expensive to lose as dried mealworms.

the meal worms here are about $12 for a 5 pound bag. which is a lot of worms since dried ones are so light

Hi can anyone tell me when you first move your 7wk old chickens .I have read several
Weeks ,two weeks can someone tell me thanks a first time keeper

How do you join a first time chicken shows what do you have to do I think I may have a 7wk old bard rock which could be
Nice enough to showp

Back
Top Bottom