1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anybody have experience with Farm Innovators Pro Series Incubators?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by angusb, Feb 20, 2012.

1. angusb

angusb Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2009
    There is a listing for a "Pro Series" incubator from Farm Innovators on eBay, model 4200, where the incubator comes with: built in turner, fan, thermometer, hygrometer, temp dial, indicator light, twin vents, & free candler, plus an additional probe thermometer to put on top of the eggs. The price is $125, Buy It Now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FARM-INNOVA...218?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c1d1bf8a It looks pretty nice to my novice eye.

I'm just wondering if anybody has any experience with these incubators and can advise me on whether I should get this one, or whether I might want to get something like the Hovabator Genesis 1588 with egg turner (it has a pre-set temp and is supposed to be pretty much foolproof). Would love to hear any thoughts!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Looks like a modded LG to me. I would pass a get the Genesis.

3. angusb

Jul 24, 2009
    It does kind of look like that, but this one has a hard plastic shell. I actually thought it was hard shell inside and out, but it looks like it's only the outer shell, so it must be styrofoam inside.

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

There are several LG clones now an all have the same junk thermostat.

Done some google searching..
    This is a LG clone but a nicer one. It looks to still have the standard LG thermostat so I would stay far away. No point in paying that kind of money for a incubator with a bad thermostat.

5. angusb

Jul 24, 2009
    Thanks!

6. thatbethchick

thatbethchick Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2008
    Harpster, Idaho
    Looking for my first incubator too and saw the eBay item. So thankful for BYC to look to for advice.

7. enel 1

enel 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    eastern washington
    i have both the LG and the FI 4200,the therm. on the 4200 reads about 5 deg cool and the humidistat(?) isn't to accurate either,but unlike the LG it has a plastic cover and i think it helps maintain the temps. i have them both going right now and for the past couple days my FI has been holding temps between 99.2 and 99.7 but my LG is all over the map 97.2 to 100.2 both are forced air and have been running for a week before i put eggs in it,and both were holding decent temps but now that i have eggs in them (for2 days now) that stupid LG wont settle down! the feed stores around here only sell these two models so my choice of bators is limited. if i had the choice i would of bought something different.

8. minpinmama

minpinmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2010
    I like my two Farm Innov Pro series, I like that there is an extra covering over the styrofoam.
    HOWEVER if you have one (or get one) The temp and humidity gauges does say..... REFERENCE ONLY.
    Please heed that warning
    One of my FI's says 91 degrees and the other 92 but I have an extra thermometer inside each and they both read 99.5 to 100 Had I took the built in one literally I would of most likely baked the eggs and not incubated them as it would of been 8 degrees higher inside than it reads.

I would like a better one with a few bells and whistles and that holds more eggs down the road, but for now our 2 FI pro series seems to be doing the trick.
    I also like that it comes with an egg turner, fan and such, rather than having to buy those all separately with LG and the plastic cover over the styrofoam seems
    to hold the temp better than a plain styrofoam one.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  9. novanod1966

novanod1966 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2012
    western North Carolina
    i also like my FI incubator.... the hard shell case helps holding temps and humidity in.

10. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    As a note for those of you who would like too, the farm innovator 4200 pro is now listed on BYC's review area and has no reviews as yet. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by