Anybody in St. Louis want to split a chick order?

JackieK318

Songster
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Missouri
I do not need 25 chicks. My husband said 6 is enough, but I'm thinking around 12. He's not helping me with it anyhow, so I'll just say they asexually reproduced or something...

So, anyone want to split an order (I'm in the suburbs west of STL).

Sorry, already ordered some. If your husband ever allows you to get more chicks though lol you might want to try mypetchicken.com
I'm not sure how relyable they are but you can order a minimum of 3 chicks.

I would like to perhaps get:

Stars
Australorps
Golden Wyandottes
Americanas
AND...
I REALLY AM DYING TO GET LIGHT BROWN LEGHORNS (I think they're wonderful).

McMurray allows to order chicks individually, but certainly they're cheaper by the batch. I'm ordering all hens.

I'm going to the feed mill tomorrow to see what they have, which will depend on what I'll order. The son answered the phone and didn't know exactly what they had, so I told him I'd just see tomorrow. I am already getting three from a lady in Bonne Tierre and I'm now thinking about Guineas.

I need a Magic 8 ball for picking chickens considering I seem to want them all!

Well let me know, and we can work something out. I'm 60 miles north of St. Louis, but I can travel some. I have mainly all roosters, so I need some hens.

Ideal hatchery has a min. order of $20, which is about 10 chicks or so, depending on the breed ordered. I have ordered from them before and was very happy with them. All of my chickens at least resembled the breed they were supposed to be, even if they weren't SQ. www.idealpoultry.com Good luck deciding on the breeds! All of the breeds on your list are great birds, get two of each breed and you've got ten chicks. And Ideal has all the breeds you mentioned, as far as I know.

I FINALLY finished my brooder hutch today at 3:57 pm. The feed mill closed at 4! ARGH! So, I'm going to see which chickies I can scrape together (most places around here are finished with chicks for the year). I'm anxious about getting them shipped though!

Most places around here are done too. They had a sale last week 20% off all chicks, but I didnt know about it till today
sad.png

I live about an hour north of STL too. I actually just ordered chicks from Ideal. I ordered 9 chicks and they were shipped this week but I received about 7 extra males for warmth. So don't expect to get any less than that with Ideal. As far as mypetchicken.com. I'm not sure about their males for warmth policy but they only have mostly bantams. If you are looking for standards or heavy breeds, don't use them, they don't have them. I may be available to split an order in the future too but not at the moment. But let me know if you need any advice since I'm near you.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom