Anybody know any good Fruit salad recipes?

GAChknGirl

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 10, 2009
Denver, Illinois
I am going on 16 weeks pregnant and i love fruits and veggies, its the only thing i can stomach! so i was wanting to know if anyone knows any good fruit salad recipes?? Thanks!

I have a really good "Winter Fruit Salad"

1 pineapple (or 20 oz. can pineapple chunks)
1 pkg. vanilla cook and serve pudding
Marachino cherries
oranges -I use the cutie pies
apples
pears
bananas

Cut up pineapple saving as much juice as possible and adding enough water to equal 1 cup juice. Pour juice and pudding mix in pan and heat until thickened. Let this cool.

Add as many fruits from above that you prefer-there is no set amount, just what you like. When pudding mix is cool, pour over your fruit mixture and mix well. Serve cold. You can add shaved coconut or walnuts for extra kick (and garnish). This is very good and quite different than a summer fruit salad....This is our winter fruit salad.

DSC01338.jpg

Easter Fruit Salad

Can of Pineapple Chunks
Can of Mandarin Oranges
1 1/2 C Green Grapes or more?
1/2 bag of sweetened coconut
Small bag of pecans or walnuts
1/2 bag of small marshmallows
1/2 - 1 C of sour cream

I don't ever really measure all the ingredients. I taste test and add stuff until it seems like the right consistency. The sour cream threw me off initially, but I think the marshmallow mixed makes the flavors work. It tastes best after chilled for awhile. Congrats on your pregnancy! Have you found out what you are having? How exciting! The time will go fast!
smile.png

Quote:
I havent found out yet we should find out the 11th but they might to an ultrasound before then
smile.png
that would be nice! i really hope it does this morning sickness needs to give up! lol

i dont know if this has been said but

get all the fruits that you like

put in a bowl

1 cup your fav yogurt and 1 cup of whipped cream mix those two up and then put in the bowl wih the fruit and mix all together

Try to use a greek yogurt or even a homemade one if you have access to fresh milk...It 's heavy in probiotics and good things for you and so southing.

Also, if your doctor approves, the health stores used to sell something called "mother's tea" which was tea I brewed for my all day nausea.....It really helped!

That and many mint teas.

Great blessings and keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom