Anybody know anything about fiber bunnys?

It's a pity you don't live in Oregon, my friend's give 'em away! To people that they know are capable of the work involved, and that they can keep an eye on. They are English Satin Crosses, and they are from good stock. There's a litter coming up actually, and soon they're going to get an English doe, so they'll be pure english/.
Angoras are INCREDIBLY easy to breed. You put the doe in with the buck, wait for two contacts, then proceed with normal bunny pregnancy procedure.
$60-80 sounds like a pretty good price to me, for pure angora.
Thought this was worth mentioning: Angora is hard to spin. On the spinning wheel, it breaks a lot (I know from experience!) There's a reason that Angora yarn is so expensive, it's a lot of work all around. Also, if you want to wear Angora, make sure it's an Angora blend, because unless you live in Siberia, you will die of heat stroke!
tongue.png
But really, it is too warm to wear.
When the bunny is naked (shaved or plucked or whatever) you will be able to let it roam around. We have a wire dog cage that lets the tips of the grass and clover through, so he can nibble, but he doesn't get filthy.
TidBit: You CAN spin almost anything. Whether you want to go to all the work is another. If it's animal hair, you can spin it. My friend has a sweater made out of poodle hair.

Ok...I know nothing about this kind of rabbit, but when I read your thread title a picture of all those dust bunnies I've got around popped into my head! Do those count?
smile.png
And with 6 housecats and one house dog I've got a lot of them.

I have a drop spindle(14.95 off ebay) and for never spinning before in my life I found it pretty easy and enjoyable. I have spun her wool twice(thats how many times Ive been able to collect so far) and have started on a scarf from her wool. I have about 3" of a scarf so far I hope this time I get wool I get quite a bit more since she is now bigger and the wool is longer as both the other time she was still in a jr. coat.

I am so bummed!
sad.png
I found a lady who is getting rid of her herd for 15 bucks a piece and there french! But at the moment i just can't have another feed bill. This just sucks. Oh well. I just have to keep waiting.

I love the English babies! They have got to be the cutest thing ever! Does anyone have pics?

How much grooming goes it to them?

Back
Top Bottom