anybody on spark people(weightloss site)

I joined. It will probably take me forever to figure out how to use the site. I'm kinda slow that way.
smile.png
I'm hoping to loose about 50 pounds by fall. I need the support, because I'm not very good about keeping things going with eating right.

I'm so glad you joined our team over there. We have a few challenges fitness/weightloss so lots of support for you.

mom'sfolly :

I joined. It will probably take me forever to figure out how to use the site. I'm kinda slow that way.
smile.png
I'm hoping to loose about 50 pounds by fall. I need the support, because I'm not very good about keeping things going with eating right.

Mom's - SP is so supportive! Take one piece at a time and don't try to "master" the entire website at once. Let it build. One day at a time, right?!?

Are you "CATJONO" on sparkpeople?

I saw from a couple of days ago that there's a monthly calendar you can download (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=780) to help you get started.​

I'm chicknmom over on sparks. I'm about to go eat my lunch....two small baked potatoes topped with nonfat pav bhaji. I made the pav bhaji way too spicy, but it should be great on the taties.

mom'sfolly :

I'm chicknmom over on sparks. I'm about to go eat my lunch....two small baked potatoes topped with nonfat pav bhaji. I made the pav bhaji way too spicy, but it should be great on the taties.

What is pav bhaji??​

Thanks for the info i'm going over there right now to check it out. I recently joined weight watchers at work program. I mainly do it for the support becuse i cheat to much on my own. But my coworkers are not very supportive, ugh so frustrating!
barnie.gif

So maybe this is just what I need to help boost my weight loss.

Pav bhaji is a mixed veggie dish from India. It is a street food that is found all over India now. My friend is going to teach me the correct way to make it. The veggie part (bhaji) is mashed potatoes with pea, cauliflower, carrots....whatever, with a base roux made from garlic, ginger, onions, peppers and tomatoes. It is served on rolls with butter (the pav part of the dish). I'm trying to eliminate most of the fat from my diet so I ate it on w.w. bread without butter, and used no fat in the cooking. Made properly, which I didn't do, this stuff is darn near irresistable. I made mine with potatoes, peas, green beans, cauliflower, carrots, beets and pav bhaji masala; its pink! Because of a misreading of Indian English, I used a poblano pepper where I should have used green pepper. That poblano was one hot sucker, my mouth is still burning a bit from lunch. When my friend teaches me the right way to make it, I'll post the recipe.

Sorry for the long answer to a short question.

Last edited:
moonlitfarms - jooooin us! I've done WW and SP, and prefer the price of SP (free!). It's got all the same features, without the snarky message board (I sweat that the WW forum is one of the most troll-infested boards out there).

Mom's - thanks for the info on pav bhaji. It sounds delish. You might want to try reducing the fat rather than cutting it out entirely. One thing I've found when I'm watching what I eat is that I eat too little fat. Fat gives a nice "mouth feel" and helps you feel full. Plus it helps you feel like you're eating "real food".

I love that SP and BYC have intersected. This is going to help me stick with a healthier lifestyle.
jumping jacks:
ya.gif

sprints:
wee.gif

yoga:
bow.gif

Darn it, Jenn. Your grammer post has made me edit my punctuation, twice! I'm a poor typist, but have strong feelings about proper English. Okay, off to do my walk on the way to pick up the kiddos. TAKS testing today, so my older son will be whiped.

I joined up last week but have not had time to get the hang of it. I joined the BYC group.

I lost about 70 lbs last year, however the weekend cheating was starting to creep in. I still have more to go and my goal was to lose 50 lbs by October-possible trip in the works that involves swimsuits-ugh!
barnie.gif

I need to spend some time on the site and get the lay of the land. I had slacked off the workouts as we had new pups at home and they take up lots of time.

It is really hard to fit in working out, outdoor chores, work, family and cooking healthy. I find I spend all my time on weekends trying to cook up and stockpile foods to have during the week. If I go to the gym during the week after work, I don't get home until almost 7pm. Luckily my youngest is a senior so I don't have little kids to take care of as well. It really takes the effort to balance it all. I am also an emotional eater. Happy-eat, sad-eat, frustrated-eat, stressed-eat, sick-eat. Well you get the picture. So even after a year of trying to eat healty it is hard.

When I first started in Jan of 2008 I got into a zone-did not cheat one bit. Worked out twice a day. I seem to do well during the week but weekends are darn hard.

Gosh, did not mean to drone on and on. Just wanted you guys to know I joined as well. It's good to have a group to be involved with. PS. I have horrible spelling and grammer. Just warnin ya.

jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom