Anybody tried to raise mealworms?

pascopol

Songster
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
Tampa Bay
I am considering raising meal worms for my birds, mostly for my quail since they are caged and t can not forage.

Did anybody try it?

Is it time consuming and troublesome?

I did some research and it seems that worst part is separating them beatles once in the while, but it is always better to hear first hand opinion from somebody who did it or is currently raising them.

i do this...

don't worry about separating anything... just remember to feed them and that's it... or i see some people don't separate... they just have them all in a huge container... but i like to have them like this... i have 3 of those setups, but only one has beetles... every two weeks i switch out the worm bin... i leave about 100 worms or less in each container when i'm done feeding to turn them back into beetles... and keep it going...

hth...

Awsom video! Congratulations, I guess I'll get all my worm education from there.

Do you feed the worms only oats? Are they regular Quaker oats? I,ve red than some people feed them chicken mash, are the oats better?

i have my beetles in whole oats from walmarts... i have the baby worms in wheat bran... i feed them carrots and slices of potatoes... keep them worm, and you'll be aight...

Back
Top Bottom