Anybody tried UPS for shipping eggs?

I agree - different places have different problems with all delivery companies .. including USPS. I worked for UPS for a few years and found out that damage usually occurs at the hubs where it is mostly machines processing packages. I know that UPS drivers are held at a high expectation too. If there is damage to their truck ... they get fired. Not reprimanded or suspended, but fired. But there is nothing that serious in place for damaged boxes. I know I have received damaged things from each .. UPS, Fed Ex and USPS. So, I'd say there is no guarantee on anything once it leaves your hands.

I have to admit though ... The Fed Ex guy was way nicer than the UPS guy at my office! (And it was a UPS office!)
tongue.png

Which method to ship is best for eggs and which is best for chicks currently?

Last edited:
I'd go with FedEx. But only if you're willing to pay for Express. Mark your eggs as fragile and hatching eggs. They'll try to be quick and careful. They often upgrade service for their live animal customers just to be nice if they have the time. And then it comes right to your door and doesn't sit at the post office. The post office is the real problem. They aren't even a little gentle with anything. They just toss everything in big bins. :/

I've never shipped eggs, but I do ship a lot of fragile items. I like Fed Ex the best and have had fewer damaged packages with them. More with USPS. As far as fragile stickers go, I don't think it helps. I have always put fragile stickers on my packages and still have items damaged, despite sufficient cushioning.

I worked for UPS unloading boxes for a couple years. It's no different than FedEx. The fragile stickers are ignored, unfortunately. Also the boxes take a beating. I think you could be successful shipping eggs but you would need to really secure them... like wrapped in a shirt or two and then secured with duct tape. Definitely need more than bubble wrap or packing peanuts. Good luck.

Which method to ship is best for eggs and which is best for chicks currently?
I've received four shipments of chicks and one shipment of eggs this year and all of them were USPS and ALL were in perfect condition when they arrived.

As for other carriers, I haven't had chicks or eggs this year from them but I did order something from Amazon that arrived by FedEx Express in two separate boxes and two separate trucks two hours apart yesterday!! When they were sorting, could they have not put the two boxes on the same truck? Talk about being efficient!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom