Anybody want to hatch with me? Day 19

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing!

It's nervewracking, isn't it? Especially when you have uncooperative eggs that wouldn't candle very well.
tongue.png

LOL I couldnt see anything in my EE eggs. I think I have 2 that are viable, though, maybe 3.

I wouldnt worry too much about the ones on day 20 yet Lori...sometimes they just hatch all at once on day 21.

Day 18 here, 18 EE, 27 BR, 5 silkie, 6 frizzle cochin, 1 silkie feather green egger, and 3 pure americana (spelling). day 16 on 18 CM, and 8 mixed maran eggs.

Well, still no pips, but as I walked by and looked for pips this time, I saw one of MissPrissy's orps just a rocking and a rolling LOL. It's starting.....

I am also on day 19 here with 3 cinnamon queens and 6 speckled sussex eggs. My son thought that he say one of the cinnamon queens move this am but you know how sometimes that can be wishful thinking. No pips or anything yet but it is early yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone else who is hatching now. Can't wait to see pics of everyone's new babies....

I'm so glad you guys are talking about the moving eggs. Having never done this before I was just thinking..."Am I insane? Is there an earthquake going on? I know I saw a couple of those eggs wobble?!"

I told myself it was wishful thinking and forced myself to walk away from the incubator several times today!! (Day 20)

Lori
barnie.gif

We are on day 21 of our first hatch. Banties! Had our first one hatch on Monday at 4:11pm. Had 3 more hatch yesterday between 2:00pm and 2:30pm. There are 2 eggs left in there. When we candled on day 18, there was movement in all eggs. The final 2 eggs have no pips yet, but I think one of them is wiggling a bit. How long can the chicks be in the incubator? Chick #1 has been in there since Monday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom