Anyone achieve a blue speckled egg layer? Green speckled? gold?

Minky

Songster
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
I would love to be inspired, so if you've been creating your own speckled olive Eggers or maybe mint green with speckles, or blue??? please post photos.

I have heard that crossing a dark layer (marans) roos over a blue egg layer (CLB) will achieve darker olive eggs then if you would cross a CLB roo over a marans hen. Can anyone confirm? Has anyone done both? I have two batches in right now. Marans roo over blue eggs/ CLB roo over dark eggs.

I love the big blotchy speckles, so Im trying to achieve a speckled green (all shades) and blue egg.

FearlessFeather

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2020
I’m interested in those eggs as well, I have crossed a black (blue) ameraucana rooster with couple of welsummer hens. Have a 4 month old pullet and couple of chicks.

Percheron chick

Crowing
Apr 12, 2013
Hudson, Colorado
My welsummers are the only speckled egg layers i have. I have crossed them with an Araucana rooster and about 1/2 of those resulting pullets laid green speckled eggs. I then took those pullets and crossed them with an Ameraucana rooster and ended up with golden olive speckled eggs.
No pictures. I'm in an egg drought.

Minky

Songster
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
My welsummers are the only speckled egg layers i have. I have crossed them with an Araucana rooster and about 1/2 of those resulting pullets laid green speckled eggs. I then took those pullets and crossed them with an Ameraucana rooster and ended up with golden olive speckled eggs.
You don't have old photos?? LOL The second I get a beautiful egg I take like 30 photos of it from all angles!!:lau

Minky

Songster
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
I'm curious if ALL the Welsummer eggs that you hatched out were speckled, and so only 50% passed on the speckled gene-- or if only some of the Welsummer eggs you hatched out were speckled and therefore- theoretically all the eggs that were speckled passed that speckling gene on ???

Top Bottom